Latest Posts

Topic: Neuer Siedler Spielmodus / New settler game mode

the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-10, 00:27

I just had an idea of ​​a varied new game mode that offers the feeling of settling or bustling completely new possibilities. You start with 3 ships, we can actually use all our cards that have water around them or of course form a beautiful archipelago. Each player can then choose 3 locations where they can build a port as usual via the menu if they have moored there with the ships. Next comes an incredibly exciting settlement, I've tried it a lot the last few days, always building a port / shipyard first, which all in all takes a long time. You now settle on the three locations, send iron back and forth, and slowly but steadily expand your settlement, contacts with other players are much more exciting because you no longer just clumsily attack or simply come across a border, but because you have to think a lot more. I am excited about this new game mode.

Settling has never been so beautiful.

face-smile.png

Mir kam gerade eine Idee von einem abwechslungsreichen neunen Spielmodus, der das Gefühl des Siedelns oder Wuselns ganz neue Möglichkeiten bietet. Man startet mit 3 Schiffen, dazu können wir eigentlich alle unsere Karten gut nutzen, die Wasser drum herum haben oder natürlich auch ein schönes Archipel bilden. Daraufhin kann jeder Spieler 3 Standorte aussuchen, an denen er wie gewohnt über das Menü einen Hafen bauen kann, wenn er mit den Schiffen dort angelegt hat. Als nächstes kommt ein unglaublich spannendes Siedeln, ich habe es die letzten Tage oft ausprobiert, dabei jeweils immer erst Hafen / Werft errichtet, was allem in allem doch lange dauert. Man siedelt nun auf den drei Standorten, sendet Eisen hin und her, und baut langsam aber stetig seine Siedlung aus, Kontakte mit anderen Spielern verlaufen viel spannender, weil man nicht mehr nur plump angreift, bzw. einfach auf ne Grenze stößt, sondern weil man viel mehr überlegen muss. Ich bin begeistert von diesem neuen Spielmodus.

So schön war Siedeln noch nie.

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-10, 00:30

Who has some experience, how to implement following:

• the most difficult thing will be how to make it possible, that players start somewhere on the water with 3 ships
  • If you build a harbor, it contains all the things you need to survive and build up a little economy
Edited: 2020-02-10, 00:30

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-10, 07:01

See also Stating condition 'Discoverer'. A bit different, but in general the same idea...

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-10, 10:44

Ich bin sogar schon dabei, die DIscoverers zu implementieren face-smile.png https://github.com/Noordfrees/widelands/tree/expedition-cfg

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-10, 11:41

Nordfriese wrote:

Ich bin sogar schon dabei, die DIscoverers zu implementieren face-smile.png https://github.com/Noordfrees/widelands/tree/expedition-cfg

Wow, great work

I am happy to see how the mode looks in game

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-16, 12:16

the-x wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

Wow, great work

I am happy to see how the mode looks in game

I wanted to ask if it is easy to implement or are there some difficulties?

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-16, 12:35

The actual implementation is ready, but there is still an evil bug left which I have been chasing for months now and still have no clue.

Essentially, my branch allows not only to place expedition ships with additional wares via Lua (for the starting condition, which already works), but also to configure an expedition-in-preparation by selecting some additional wares and workers to take with you in the portdock. Under some circumstances they are not transported to the port however for some strange reason…

Edited: 2020-02-16, 12:36

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-16, 13:23

well, thats difficult. maybe we can make a version without it? Can I test the mode with three ships, very exciting to see

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-16, 14:05

Pull request is up: https://github.com/widelands/widelands/pull/3692

I decided the bug is probably unrelated to the feature and just one of our mysterious "wares never arrive" bugs that shows up more frequently here for whatever reason

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-02-16, 14:10

Great work

so i just install "seafearing" or the 4 in the widelands folder?

Top Quote