Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-21, 17:27

the-x wrote:

World - kaputtnik

"World" is me, I guess

the-x - king of nowhere

Are you going to stream this?

How are the colors distributed? Left player = color with the lower number?

the-x wrote:

1. Winter Challenge: - 24.1.2020 - 27 to 3 Islands -

I've uploaded the improved version of map yesterday: https://www.widelands.org/maps/27-islands-becoming-3/

As you asked me to do that, I'm guessing that this will be the map then. Which colors will be played?

A nice seafearing game where the participant will win who will settle first islands, this is the only long round.

What exactly means "settle"? Bring the whole island under safe control? What exactly is the win condition there?

1. Winter Challenge: - 31.1.1.2020 - Crossriver Artifacts

2. Winter Challenge: - 7.2.2020 - Fjords or Crater

I'd vote for crater, as we had fjords already 2 times in the last 3 combat tournaments.

1. Winter Challenge: - 14.2.2020 - Ice wars or a new suggestion

What about deciding this before the tournament actually starts? (we also need information about the player colors) And maybe another map for a possible second phase?

Further questions:

Will draw agreements be forbidden before the 2h-mark? I hope so face-wink.png

Will the matches be rated?

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-21, 19:11

how are you going to make the pairings? it certainly cannot be with the swiss system, as that can malfunction when the number of participants is lower than number of rounds * 2

may i suggest, if we are to stay 6, to add a 5th round and make it round robin?

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-21, 22:08

king_of_nowhere wrote:

how are you going to make the pairings? it certainly cannot be with the swiss system, as that can malfunction when the number of participants is lower than number of rounds * 2

How could it malfunction? For me it looks like you could even play the swiss system when the number of participants is exactly 1 bigger than the number of rounds, you would get a round robin tournament then.

may i suggest, if we are to stay 6, to add a 5th round and make it round robin?

That sounds good. I suggest to pick another mid-sized map, for example "swamp monks", red vs yellow.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-22, 02:28

WorldSavior wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

How could it malfunction? For me it looks like you could even play the swiss system when the number of participants is exactly 1 bigger than the number of rounds, you would get a round robin tournament then.

i'm not sure, but i was told that it may happen that there is no way to make the last round without violating the "you can't have the same opponent twice" condition.

since this comes from chess, perhaps it is a specific problem created by some specific constraint. Perhaps it is even just a specific weakness of old software doing the pairing. Frankly, I don't know.

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-22, 18:35

WorldSavior wrote:

the-x wrote:

World - kaputtnik

"World" is me, I guess

The savior of our common known world

the-x - king of nowhere

Are you going to stream this?

I cannot stream this, i only can make a summary of the game if king wants face-smile.png

How are the colors distributed? Left player = color with the lower number?

Always left player is blue and right player is red

the-x wrote:

1. Winter Challenge: - 24.1.2020 - 27 to 3 Islands -

I've uploaded the improved version of map yesterday: https://www.widelands.org/maps/27-islands-becoming-3/

As you asked me to do that, I'm guessing that this will be the map then. Which colors will be played?

A nice seafearing game where the participant will win who will settle first islands, this is the only long round.

What exactly means "settle"? Bring the whole island under safe control? What exactly is the win condition there?

It is autocrat, but it is obvious, that one player will conquer 2 of 3 since there are 3 it will in any case be a winner. (no Autocrat fully -> Landmass will decide, the player with higher landmass)

1. Winter Challenge: - 31.1.1.2020 - Crossriver Artifacts

2. Winter Challenge: - 7.2.2020 - Fjords or Crater

I also votefor Crater I'd vote for crater, as we had fjords already 2 times in the last 3 combat tournaments.

1. Winter Challenge: - 14.2.2020 - Ice wars or a new suggestion

What about deciding this before the tournament actually starts? (we also need information about the player colors) And maybe another map for a possible second phase?

If we dont get any more Ideas till Friday, it will be Ice Wars

First is always blue, second is red

Further questions:

Will draw agreements be forbidden before the 2h-mark? I hope so face-wink.png

Will the matches be rated?

Draw Agreements are forbidden

If both players agree before game, matches will be rated

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-22, 18:38

For all the new players, Just Post a short message here face-smile.png if you'd like to join our great tournament

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-22, 19:44

the-x wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

It is autocrat, but it is obvious, that one player will conquer 2 of 3 since there are 3 it will in any case be a winner. (no Autocrat fully -> Landmass will decide, the player with higher landmass)

So the win condition is territorial lord?

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
the-x
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-22, 21:24

WIn Condition is Autocrat - there wont be any problem with undecided game thats for sure

Edited: 2020-01-22, 22:18

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-22, 21:37

the-x wrote:

Since its 3 Islands it will be completely obvious, but you can put autocrat since landlord is not possible with under 50% water

what has water percentage to do with this? territorial win conditions are based on reachable land fields no matter how much water is there.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-23, 08:19

Since i never explicitly said that i will participate in this tournament, i will abstain from the tournament. Sorry.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote