Latest Posts

Topic: new tribe: amazons

hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-08, 14:49

Nordfriese wrote:

Would it be possible that Liana Cutters go to a tree before a woodcutter does? That way, a liana cutter could chop the liana just before the tree gets chopped and it can work better.

Unfortunately there´s no easy way of implementing this. When a worker starts going to another map object, that object is reserved for him (so as to prevent two woodcutters cutting the same tree or two hunters chasing the same animal). Exception rules would be very hard to code…

only solution would be to have the liana cutters look for immature trees, but this would be weird as lianas tend to grow on old trees.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-12, 17:45

OKay

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

And I would mention that the number of initial carpenters of amazons is very low. So one has to live with that shortage or build a tool maker very soon. Opinions about that?

What do you mean with carpenters?

The workers who build buildings

if it is the stonecarver it is something like a combined tool and weaponsmith. However I believe adding a second or third stonecarver and or hammer and chisel to starting conditions might be a good idea. In any case starting conditions aren't finished yet. so suggestions for good values are highly appreciated.

I'm not sure, but increasing the number of carpenters by six might be helpful.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-12, 19:17

WorldSavior wrote:

OKay

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

And I would mention that the number of initial carpenters of amazons is very low. So one has to live with that shortage or build a tool maker very soon. Opinions about that?

What do you mean with carpenters?

The workers who build buildings

if it is the stonecarver it is something like a combined tool and weaponsmith. However I believe adding a second or third stonecarver and or hammer and chisel to starting conditions might be a good idea. In any case starting conditions aren't finished yet. so suggestions for good values are highly appreciated.

I'm not sure, but increasing the number of carpenters by six might be helpful.

ok will increase the builders by 6 and add stone carvers in realtion to other tribes smith's.
The call for sugeestion wasn't restricted to values for builders but more general for any ware we need to think about a good starting amount.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-13, 09:37

while trying to do this I realized that no other tribe had more then 10 builders. However they had a lot more hammers in the beginning. So I decided to increase hammers instead of builders, as they can be used for other workers as well.

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-16, 10:27

After a few more test games with the Amazons, I think that the concept & idea is great, but that a lot still needs to be done to make it "fun" to play. After a while, it is tedious to get stone from somewhere and there are intense stone passages on every map, even with the coal from wood often leads to bottlenecks.

Let us integrate some elements from the friezes, these nested commodity cycles. They are what makes the game fun. How do I combine in the tavern? How do you do it with the berries, how much bread do I need in proportion?

We have to find suitable solutions for the Amazons. Possibly expand the tree system, but two types of trees will soon be boring, maybe a nested forest, more resources? Reducing the initial level problems and resource bottlenecks - especially beginners will get frustrated. - During the expansion of the further economy that it remains exciting for advanced students. I like the idea with the Amazons, but it really has to be done to make them really fun.

-

Nach einigen weiteren Testspielen mit den Amazonen, finde ich dass das Konzept & Idee super ist, dass aber noch viel getan werden muss, damit sie "Spaß" machen zu spielen. Nach einiger Zeit ist es mühsam irgendwoher Stein zu kriegen und es gibt fast auf jeder Karte intensive Steineingpässe, auch mit der Kohle aus Holz führt oft zu Engpässen.

Lasst ins doch einige Elemente aus den Friesen integrieren, diese verschachtelten Warenkreisläufe. Die sind es, was den Spielspaß ausmacht. Wie kombiniere ich in der Taverne? Wie macht mans mit den Beeren, vie viel Brot brauche ich im Verhältnis?

Wir müssen da zu den Amazonen passende Lösungen finden. Eventuell auch das Baumsystem weiter ausbauen, zwei Arten von Bäumen sind schön aber schon nach kurzer Zeit langweilig, vielleicht ein ineinander geschachtelter Wald, mehr Ressourcen? Abbau der anfänglichen Levelprobleme und Ressourcenengpässe - besonders Anfänger wird das frustrieren. - Gleichzeitig Ausbau der weiteren Wirtschaft, dass es für Fortgeschrittene spannend bleibt. Ich mag die Idee mit den Amazonen, aber es muss wirklich noch was getan werden, damit sie wirklich Spaß machen.

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-16, 18:30

A few more tests and: yes, something really needs to be done with the depth of the game (my opinion). The idea is so good, with a bronzeage trunk that only knows wood and stone - but playfully ... to put it cautiously, there are many options, decisions, etc. My solution would be to nest the goods more, like fish farmers with water, Clay pits that interact in these areas or berry growers to incorporate the combination of corn flour with beet flour. If we get three more commodity cycles in here, it looks very different.

Noch ein paar Tests und: ja, es muss wirklich bei der Spieltiefe was getan werden (meine Meinung). Die Idee ist so gut, mit nem bronzeage Stamm, der nur Holz und Stein kennt - aber spielerisch ... vorsichtig ausgedrückt fehlt es hier an vielen Möglichkeiten, Entscheidungen usw. Meine Lösung wäre, die Waren mehr verschachteln, sowas wie Fischzüchter mit Wasser, Lehmgruben die in diesen Bereichen interagieren oder Beerenzüchter, die Kombination von Maismehl mit Rübenmehl einzubauen. Wenn wir noch drei mehr Warenkreisläufe hier hineinbekommen sieht das schon ganz anders aus.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-17, 10:38

I don't know whether it is a good idea to have a second frisian tribe. The challenge of the amazons is different from other tribes. it is more in using the map to the max, regarding space where other tribes need ressources. for the economy depth it is not less complicated then e.g. atlanteans, or barbarians I believe. Interacting buildings are already there with the liana cutters. Shortage of coal is just dependend on how many charcoal producers you have. Only thing I might agree is availability of stones and perhaps water on some maps. for both of them the solution could be within the gardening center. Terraforming some terrain into water for getting enough water and terraforming mountains into stones for quarries.

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-17, 10:43

I understand and its relly no critics, but the problem we should solve is that it is real fun to play Amazons. I was so much looking forward to play them and im bit disappointed right now

Yes, but with liana cutters etc there is, but its not that much fun - i mean, we have the possibilities, so why not? Of course we dont want a second frisian tribe. But we can mix Amazon wares more.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-17, 14:23

i think something got lost in translation. what do you mean by nested commodities?

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2020-01-17, 14:54

king_of_nowhere wrote:

i think something got lost in translation. what do you mean by nested commodities?

I believe he wanted to say that there should be more complex production programs needing more different wares and dependencies, like it kind of is with the frisians. But in my eyes that was not the background of the idea of the amazons and by the way I strongly believe their economy isn't less complex then at least the legacy tribes econmy at all.

would be good to have some playtesting feedback from you on the other hand.

Top Quote