Latest Posts

Topic: Reworking the economic options window

Kristin

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-08-01, 20:33

Yes, it would be better to have one blueprint for one task. However, I made a new one, because I did not follow the suggestion of making a democratical based sorting (Card Sorting), which is the main topic of the UsabilityWareSorting Blueprint.
I recently changed BlueprintMenus and filled in what we discussed (buildings menu, economy options window) and two mock-ups. Sirver will add some information to the implementing tomorrow and I asked him to consider the information given in the Overview of the UsabilityWareSorting Blueprint.
The rest of the UsabilityWareSorting Blueprint is concerned with the Card Sorting system. Do you think this method should be used to find a sorting? It seems a bit elaborate to me. I think my or another thematical order is good, but no one (a democratial found sorting not either) is perfect because there are always wares which can be sorted in more than one category.
Additionally, no one said something about the sorting I suggested, so I interpreted this as a slight confirmation. Am I right? Greetings!

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-08-02, 16:29

The UsabilityWareSorting only differs in Approach. Kristins proposal contains a complete suggestion of how the GUI and ordering could be improved. I actually marked ixprefects Proposal as superseded as I feel that Kristin did a great job of parting the wares into categories and I think there is not too much to win by running a survey.

I just also added my suggestions for a possible implementation to the Blueprint.

Top Quote
Kristin

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-08-03, 18:30

Remains to find somebody who realizes it!

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-08-25, 12:52

For what it's worth, I think Kristin's categories are good. As the person who proposed the card sorting, I'd say I can easily live without it, as I like the other proposal as well face-smile.png

Top Quote