Latest Posts

Topic: non-atlanteans need a buff

hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-08, 11:26

Nordfriese wrote:

• reduce food cost for training:
    -- Broad sword needs (bear or bread) and (smoked fish or smoked meat) -- Double sword needs (bear or bread) and (smoked fish or smoked meat) -- Second Long sword needs (mead or honey bread) and (1 or 2 smoked fish/meat) -- Second broad sword needs (mead or honey bread) and (1 or 2 smoked fish/meat)

Fine for me

adapt farmers work cycle to match the other tribes

Just in case you probably got this wrong. I was talking about just adopt the timings of the different programs to get a cycle that on average produces the same output as all the others (maybe a bit more even), this leads to more fields needed by one farm though. I saw no reason why Frisian farmers should be more lazy then others. BTW they were already faster then Barbarians. for the values I'd happy to discuss them. These are the changes I made in this attempt: https://github.com/widelands/widelands/commit/9e96c3365bba769d4b6f3d8d8d8575c97a8d3623

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-08, 21:10

ok Barbarians and Empire is done. Frisians I have done in the following way.

Frisians

• adapt farmers work cycle to match the other tribes (reduced sleep times in the building and slightly reduced some animations of the worker.)
  • reduce food cost for training:
    -- Broad sword needs (bread) and (smoked fish or smoked meat) (just to make sure we can't operate fully without bakery, as this would have been the result from the original proposal) -- Double sword needs (beer) and (smoked fish or smoked meat) -- Second Long sword needs (mead or honey bread) and (1 smoked fish/meat) -- Second broad sword needs (mead or honey bread) and (2 smoked fish/meat)

I will now start with the changes according to Frisian Balancing. I will continue to report in the related thread. see https://www.widelands.org/forum/post/30491/

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-09, 06:04

Sounds good. I've played recently a match against the-x on crater which I've almost lost (he played atlanteans and convinced me to play barbarians). This showed me again that Atlanteans might be somewhat overpowered currently, for example on such a small map. Or I've got a weakness of playing barbarians on crater, who knows...

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-09, 07:48

Just in case you probably got this wrong. I was talking about just adopt the timings of the different programs to get a cycle that on average produces the same output as all the others (maybe a bit more even), this leads to more fields needed by one farm though. I saw no reason why Frisian farmers should be more lazy then others. BTW they were already faster then Barbarians. for the values I'd happy to discuss them. These are the changes I made in this attempt: https://github.com/widelands/widelands/commit/9e96c3365bba769d4b6f3d8d8d8575c97a8d3623

Ah ok. So long as the slower growth of barley than wheat and the two-barleys-per-field rule stays as it is, a tweak of the exact times is fine with me.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-09, 09:39

Nordfriese wrote:

Ah ok. So long as the slower growth of barley than wheat and the two-barleys-per-field rule stays as it is, a tweak of the exact times is fine with me.

nothing has changed on this side. barley growth is still exactly the same, as well as the two grain per field mechanics. All I have fought was frisian lazyness face-wink.png

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-21, 14:20

ok branch got merged. Non atlantean tribes should have been buffed a little now. Happy testing

Top Quote