Latest Posts

Topic: new tribe: amazons

hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-04, 15:54

Perhaps it would make for a nice inter-tournament challenge who can produce the fastest hero on a given map with each tribe. so we get good values to compare and to finetune.

But in principal I agree with KoN that they are not that unbalanced. However we should define collectors for them as well as we should define all starting conditions.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-04, 20:07

Do we have a description somewhere how to install the Amazon Branch on Linux or Windows?

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-05, 10:20

Hi,

easiest way on windows is to install the appveyor builds which are generated everytime one of us pushes a commit.

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/widelands-dev/widelands/builds/29328704

This link is the latest commit which fixes some AI Issues and implements an AI worker management, needed for the AI to handle the complicated experience tree of amazons.

Graphics aren't complete yet though. but game mechanics should work already.

On Linux I believe you need to download the amazons branch from my fork on github and compile yourself.

Edited: 2019-12-05, 10:22

Top Quote
the-x
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-05, 11:21

I spotted 2 bugs:

• after about 3 hours game crashed for no reason when one opponent was Amazon
  • music settings are not stable. If I put sound on / off I want this setting to be saved. Still plays no music everytime.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-05, 12:42

the-x wrote:

I spotted 2 bugs:

• after about 3 hours game crashed for no reason when one opponent was Amazon

could you provide a savegame for that? Needs to be investigated. Please provide the built you used as well. Thanks for reporting.

• music settings are not stable. If I put sound on / off I want this setting to be saved. Still plays no music everytime.

do you encounter this in other builds as well? because as nothing has changed on this code it is unexplainable to occur only in amazons. Do you use -datadir option for amazons? if yes this might be the cause.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-05, 13:23

We have an open bug about sound settings getting reset: https://github.com/widelands/widelands/issues/3507

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-05, 18:17

hessenfarmer wrote:

Hi,

easiest way on windows is to install the appveyor builds which are generated everytime one of us pushes a commit.

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/widelands-dev/widelands/builds/29328704

This link is the latest commit which fixes some AI Issues and implements an AI worker management, needed for the AI to handle the complicated experience tree of amazons.

Thanks a lot

Graphics aren't complete yet though. but game mechanics should work already.

On Linux I believe you need to download the amazons branch from my fork on github

That's exactly this one currently, I guess: https://github.com/hessenfarmer/widelands/tree/amazons

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-05, 19:59

WorldSavior wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

On Linux I believe you need to download the amazons branch from my fork on github

That's exactly this one currently, I guess: https://github.com/hessenfarmer/widelands/tree/amazons

Very good guess. If you download the zip there is everything to compile the branch without using git or even registering on github

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-06, 17:01

hessenfarmer wrote:

Perhaps it would make for a nice inter-tournament challenge who can produce the fastest hero on a given map with each tribe. so we get good values to compare and to finetune.

That could be very interesting. The question is just who is organizing this.

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

Very good guess. If you download the zip there is everything to compile the branch without using git or even registering on github

I'll see what I can do. It may be off-topic, but it looks to me like the description of how to compile for Windows with Inno-Setup is outdated.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-12-08, 19:37

Compiling the branch on Linux doesn't work.

And what is going on with Appveyor? I don't see how to install that branch with that and even searching for how to do it doesn't give any results. Could anybody explain?

I've taken a look at some Lua-Files of the Amazons. I've seen that rare wood doesn't get produced if there is no need for it. That's good if you need one specific kind of rare wood. But what if you don't need any rare wood? Should the industry really idle? Wouldn't it be better if in that case the work would go on?

The code looks currently like this:

Skip unless eco needs balsa.

The code could look like this:

Skip unless (eco needs balsa OR (eco not needs balsa AND eco not needs rubber AND eco not needs ironwood ) )

Top Quote