Latest Posts

Topic: Bugs: No pick produced and miners don't go to work

Son

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2010-07-16, 16:55

I'm using widelands build 15 on openSUSE. I built it from the original sources. Im playing the map rendez-vous with the Barbarians.

I have 2 bugs to report (or at least I think they are bugs):

1.)My metalworkshops don't produce picks, although they do produce other tools. The target quantity for picks is 5 and those for all other tools are 1.

2.)I have a deep mine that needs one more worker. There's a Master Miner in it so a normal miner should be sufficient. As I have no pick production, I destroyed one of my other mines. Now I have a mine that needs a miner and a miner in my warehouse who doesn't go to work.

I wanted to report these bugs on launchpad (http://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands), but I can only search for bugs there.

Top Quote
timowi

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2010-07-19, 20:15

Hi,

are you sure there are no picks in your warehouses/headquarter? This sounds like a well known bug: Sometimes the workers in a mine get mixed up after upgrade. The master-miner take the position of a normal miner and the mine request another master-miner. There is currently no workaround except destroying mines.

Top Quote
Son

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2010-07-21, 18:39

No, it's a different problem. There is a Master Miner in the deep mine, but no normal miner. There is a normal miner in the warehouse, but he doesn't go to work. And yes, I'm sure there were no picks. Later some were produce, but not very often.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-07-21, 21:59

Son wrote: No, it's a different problem. There is a Master Miner in the deep mine, but no normal miner. There is a normal miner in the warehouse, but he doesn't go to work. And yes, I'm sure there were no picks. Later some were produce, but not very often.

which sounds 100% like the bug timowi mentioned face-smile.png ... from logical point of view there is of course only one simple miner missing, but the system workes are handled is something like:

there are two rooms, the first only a master miner can enter, the second can be entered by a miner or a master miner. Once someone went into the room, noone else can go in an the one that is in, will not leave it.

So the problem is, that the master miner entered the room, that could as well be filled with a miner. But the room, that must be filled with a master miner is still empty - you still got a miner, but it can not enter it, so it will not go the mine and as you do not have a master miner, the room stays unoccupied.

hope that "comparison" cleared things up a bit.

Cheers

Nasenbaer

Top Quote
Son

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2010-07-25, 15:56

Ok, I understand. Apparently I didn't read timowi's post carefully enough. So this is known bug. But what about the other problem, the one with the picks? I had a low supply of iron (because I did't have many mines) and many military buildings requested soldiers, so maybe there was only iron there when the metalwork shops tried to produce axes? But this sounds a bit unlikely, unless the workcycles of the mine, the smelting works and the metalwork shops take exactly the same time.

Top Quote