Latest Posts

Topic: Just found Widelands

MarkTaylor
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2019-11-25, 15:16

Just got Widelands yesturday after panging for some Settlers 2 style gameplay and I must admit I'm impressed.

I'll play some more before i try and comment on specific aspects, only had a few quick starts to see how the industry chain pans out.

My only gripe is you dont get help on the Imperials or the Atlantians, only the Barbarians buildings have help on them and seeing as there was no manual, it would make sense to implement the ingame help for the other races/teams.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-11-25, 17:26

MarkTaylor wrote:

Just got Widelands yesturday after panging for some Settlers 2 style gameplay and I must admit I'm impressed.

Welcome in the Forum and have fun with the game.

I'll play some more before i try and comment on specific aspects, only had a few quick starts to see how the industry chain pans out.

My only gripe is you dont get help on the Imperials or the Atlantians, only the Barbarians buildings have help on them and seeing as there was no manual, it would make sense to implement the ingame help for the other races/teams.

If there are Imperials, Atlanteans and Barbarians but no Frisians you are not playing the newest official version of the game (build 20 ).

There you should see also help textes about buildings of all tribes plus some kind of manual (the manual can be shown in a match by pressing F1 ).

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
ektor
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-11-26, 13:49

Hi and welcome MarkTaylor.

The best thing to do is to play tutorials campaigns to learn mechanisms.

Top Quote