Latest Posts

Topic: Menu graphics/backgrounds

SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-04-19, 16:54

Adding this many pictures will bloat the game further. It is already quite huge. IMHO it would be better to just change the code that menus are not stretched, instead should get black bars at the borders.

Top Quote
samithdisal
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-05-06, 16:55

yes agree with SirVer. The game is too huge. New tribes if any should be able to installed as plug-ins.

Have fun sam

NoOb KiWwaTa NoOb Ma NeWeI

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-05-06, 19:22

samithdisal wrote: yes agree with SirVer. The game is too huge. New tribes if any should be able to installed as plug-ins.

Ahh sorry face-smile.png , but as far as I read the thread, this is about extra menu pictures and other qualities for these. In fact, I would like to see more tribes in Widelands in some time. The only reason I do not work on another tribe at the moment is simply, that I think, that the engine has more need for improvements.

Top Quote
samithdisal
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-05-06, 20:31

Nasenbaer wrote:

samithdisal wrote: yes agree with SirVer. The game is too huge. New tribes if any should be able to installed as plug-ins.

Ahh sorry , but as far as I read the thread, this is about extra menu pictures and other qualities for these. In fact, I would like to see more tribes in Widelands in some time. The only reason I do not work on another tribe at the moment is simply, that I think, that the engine has more need for improvements.

Sorry for putting it as a half. I know that it is about duplicated, extra menu images, but the size getting big is common to all files added to the game. But we cannot give menu images separately but can give tribes, maps, and even worlds (means a lot like sounds). That way the size of the game as a single download will be reduced and can have more and more tribes or what ever as separated projects.

Happy Hacking, Sam

NoOb KiWwaTa NoOb Ma NeWeI

Top Quote
fraang

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2010-07-18, 23:22

Here is first layout mockup for the worker/wares window:

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/5/widelandswaresandworker.png

This mockup is style neutral and only represents the composition of the gui elements!

How do like it?

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-07-21, 11:36

Hi,

I do not like moving the tabs to the left. This would be another UI paradigm that is not really needed as we have already tabs at the top. I like the optical grouping of wares and also that the categories are listed; there seems to be enough space also for internationalization of the categories. The "right click to close" seems unnecessary as all windows are to be closed like that. The "show only worker of this warehouse" seems unnecessary as the user clicked the warehouse specially and clicks the stock menu if he want's to see all of them.

I would be interested in an actual mockup of the menus; especially how target quantities/temporary target quantities (economy window) or warehouse stock + "do not store this ware here", "move this ware out" symbols can be incorporated.

Nice work; I think it is important to get this visual early so that we can find a perfect menu.

Top Quote
EgyLynx

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-08-25, 22:45

SirVer at right!

Top Quote