Latest Posts

Topic: Problem with campaign "Surpeise, Surprise"

Solger
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2019-09-06, 15:27

I want to mention that the "clicking on a farm"-quest didn't work for me the first time. Therefore I loaded an older savegame at the begining of that mission and then it worked.

Maybe it could also be mentioned that the fish can be caught in the northeastern lake. I built many useless fishers inbetween the small ponds in the south (only one small sport had fish inside).

I found out that the two farms could be updated. But this could be mentioned somewhere in the mission text.

I didn't understand why the wells were delivering so few water (maybe I missed it). For the brewery it was explained.

(I also got a litte confused because I kept one lumberjack for a while that could cut some trees.)

Before I got 3 heros (maybe explain the hero-making process a little bit so that they are trained in both buildings), I defeated the enemy and won.

Nevertheless I liked that mission and that it was not so short. Danke!

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-08, 20:39

Solger wrote:

I want to mention that the "clicking on a farm"-quest didn't work for me the first time. Therefore I loaded an older savegame at the begining of that mission and then it worked.

This is not really a quest as it costs only 1 click. It is only triggered if a player doesn't click on a farm within 10 minutes. So if you click on a farm out of curiosity the real quest for the plans is started. If it didn't didn't seem like this for you, please describe how it looked like and if you ran the game for longer then 10 minutes.

Maybe it could also be mentioned that the fish can be caught in the northeastern lake. I built many useless fishers inbetween the small ponds in the south (only one small sport had fish inside).

it is mentioned to go to the east to search for fish. This includes northeast for me. Finding a lake where fish can be caught is part of the quest (it even can't be cheated by the map editor as the fish are modified in lua ;-)).

I found out that the two farms could be updated. But this could be mentioned somewhere in the mission text.

It isn't mentioned on purpose. This is just a small bonus for patient players which isn't by anyway necessary to win. So you may call it kind of easteregg.

I didn't understand why the wells were delivering so few water (maybe I missed it). For the brewery it was explained.

It is explained to dismantle them cause they are low in production. This is part of the infamous secretary's work. it is also siad they are worn out. So I see no problem here. They really just exist to be dismantled for getting construction material.

(I also got a litte confused because I kept one lumberjack for a while that could cut some trees.)

This is fixed now as explained in this thread.

Before I got 3 heros (maybe explain the hero-making process a little bit so that they are trained in both buildings), I defeated the enemy and won.

winning without that quest fulfilled is possible and not unnormal. So it isn't mandatory for victory on purpose. Explaining the micromanagement to get hero could be thought about. I will add some sentences to explain this.

Nevertheless I liked that mission and that it was not so short.

Glad you liked it.

Danke!

Bitte gern geschehen

Top Quote
Solger
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2019-09-08, 22:22

Thank you for your detailed answer.

<" It is only triggered if a player doesn't click on a farm within 10 minutes. So if you click on a farm out of curiosity the real quest for the plans is started. If it didn't didn't seem like this for you, please describe how it looked like and if you ran the game for longer then 10 minutes."> I was expecting the hint ("to click on a farm") would vanish after clicking on one. This didn't happen the first time. That was the only issue with that and I didn't know if I would have to fulfil it to go further on. (I don't know anymore if I clicked on a farm before that time.)

<"it is mentioned to go to the east to search for fish. This includes northeast for me. Finding a lake where fish can be caught is part of the quest"> You are right that not everything has to be explained in detail (as some kind of to-do-list that has to be followed step by step). On the other hand, finding out at which lake in the east the fish can be found didn't seem to be an interesting task for me.

<"It is explained to dismantle them cause they are low in production. This is part of the infamous secretary's work. it is also siad they are worn out. So I see no problem here. They really just exist to be dismantled for getting construction material. "> That's certainly true for the existing wells. But I was wondering about wells, that I built afterwards - before having delivered the tribute to that monestery in the north. (I also built 4 bad breweries before I could build the better ones. But that was clear for me, because in the building menue I could see that there are less places for ressources and because of the explanation)

Thanks again face-smile.png

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-09, 10:27

Solger wrote:

Thank you for your detailed answer.

<" It is only triggered if a player doesn't click on a farm within 10 minutes. So if you click on a farm out of curiosity the real quest for the plans is started. If it didn't didn't seem like this for you, please describe how it looked like and if you ran the game for longer then 10 minutes."> I was expecting the hint ("to click on a farm") would vanish after clicking on one. This didn't happen the first time. That was the only issue with that and I didn't know if I would have to fulfil it to go further on. (I don't know anymore if I clicked on a farm before that time.)

Normally the objective should go away but it can take half a second to do so and if you close the window in this time it will not be triggered. I only can catch an open window and not the click itself in the code. But i will recheck this as it maybe broken due to UI changes.

<"it is mentioned to go to the east to search for fish. This includes northeast for me. Finding a lake where fish can be caught is part of the quest"> You are right that not everything has to be explained in detail (as some kind of to-do-list that has to be followed step by step). On the other hand, finding out at which lake in the east the fish can be found didn't seem to be an interesting task for me.

Ok I will add a sentence that it is necessary to expand to the east to find fish as there should be no fish in the starting area of the scenario. outside the starting area every lake shall contain fish. It maybe uninteresting as a task but it is important to train soldiers.

<"It is explained to dismantle them cause they are low in production. This is part of the infamous secretary's work. it is also siad they are worn out. So I see no problem here. They really just exist to be dismantled for getting construction material. "> That's certainly true for the existing wells. But I was wondering about wells, that I built afterwards - before having delivered the tribute to that monestery in the north. (I also built 4 bad breweries before I could build the better ones. But that was clear for me, because in the building menue I could see that there are less places for ressources and because of the explanation)

I thought it to be clear that the new ones are functioning correctly. Maybe I'll add to build a well if not already built after the farm plans are recovered.

Thanks again face-smile.png

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-09, 17:32

I'm facing an unrelated problem with that mission. my last objective now says that i have to catch fish and make rations for miners, which I am doing. but i'm not triggering the next objective, which should be to dismantle the mines.

perhaps because i already dismantled the mines earlier, knowing the map.

And I'm not gettting any new objective.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-09, 17:51

king_of_nowhere wrote:

I'm facing an unrelated problem with that mission. my last objective now says that i have to catch fish and make rations for miners, which I am doing. but i'm not triggering the next objective, which should be to dismantle the mines.

there is no such objective.

that has only a side effect if you haven't build new ones AND reduced economy settings of rations.

Just produce enough rations and you will get the next objective in the meantime expansion is always a good idea.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-09, 18:19

hessenfarmer wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

curious, because that's exactly what the objective says. Copying exact words here

"Objectives

produce fish and rations

Food production

Find and catch some fish. Afterwards, produce some rations for your miners"

that has only a side effect if you haven't build new ones AND reduced economy settings of rations.

Just produce enough rations and you will get the next objective in the meantime expansion is always a good idea.

I have built new mines shoortly after dismantling the old ones. I have two working fisheries. the tavern is turning fish into rations, the miners are using the rations to produce metals. the toolsmith has already started working with the metal thus provided.

No, rations are absolutely being produced, but they aren't triggering the objective.

As for expansion, I reached the temple in the north, but it didn't trigger anything.

I tried to speed up the game, and eventually it gave me green light. I checked, now I have 4 rations in the economy, none in warehouse.

maybe there is a target amount of rations in stock to trigger? because it seems to me that the trigger misfired. unless it was intended to only activate after a certain amount of rations have been produced. I made at least a dozen rations before it triggered, though

EDIT: I cut the road to the mines and hoarded rations, but it didn't speed up the process. it triggered at the same time as before.

EDIT2: I went on playing, but the temple of vesta objective is not being triggered. I played on until i completed the "recruit ten new soldiers" objective

Edited: 2019-09-09, 19:16

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-09, 19:35

while p1:get_produced_wares_count("ration") < 14 do sleep(3000) end

So, it doesn't matter where they are. Maybe make the objective more specific about how many rations are needed, and make the fishers a recommendation?

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-09, 19:56

GunChleoc wrote:

while p1:get_produced_wares_count("ration") < 14 do sleep(3000) end

So, it doesn't matter where they are. Maybe make the objective more specific about how many rations are needed, and make the fishers a recommendation?

I'd rather prefer reducing the amount to probably 7.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-09, 20:04

king_of_nowhere wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

king_of_nowhere wrote:

curious, because that's exactly what the objective says. Copying exact words here

"Objectives

produce fish and rations

Food production

Find and catch some fish. Afterwards, produce some rations for your miners"

I meant there is no objective to dismantle the mines.

I have built new mines shoortly after dismantling the old ones. I have two working fisheries. the tavern is turning fish into rations, the miners are using the rations to produce metals. the toolsmith has already started working with the metal thus provided.

No, rations are absolutely being produced, but they aren't triggering the objective.

see my last post I will reduce the amount of rations to be produced to 8 instead of 15.

As for expansion, I reached the temple in the north, but it didn't trigger anything.

did you produce 4 beer and 4 flour until this happened?

I tried to speed up the game, and eventually it gave me green light. I checked, now I have 4 rations in the economy, none in warehouse.

maybe there is a target amount of rations in stock to trigger? because it seems to me that the trigger misfired. unless it was intended to only activate after a certain amount of rations have been produced. I made at least a dozen rations before it triggered, though

EDIT: I cut the road to the mines and hoarded rations, but it didn't speed up the process. it triggered at the same time as before.

EDIT2: I went on playing, but the temple of vesta objective is not being triggered. I played on until i completed the "recruit ten new soldiers" objective

again did you start producing beer and flour? cause this triggers the objective to search for better technology to produce them.

Top Quote