Latest Posts

Topic: new tribe: amazons

king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-28, 21:23

hessenfarmer wrote:

@King_of_nowhere: We do not need to distinguish between spear for hunting and spear for basic soldier. I made them the same as they cost the same and it made sense to me to use same thing for different purpose in a tribe like the amazons.

I would have proposed that myself, but I remember reading that it was the same in the past for barbarian axes (for lumberjacks and soldiers) and it caused bugs, so it was eventually changed.

But if you are not worried about introducing new bugs, go ahead.

Edited: 2019-08-28, 21:25

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-03, 21:53

Ok,
Nordfriese has fixed the coding branch and I had adopted my data branch and fixed some bugs. Now we need playtesting. Have fun.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-03, 22:21

How do I get your data branch specifically?

I will test it when i am back in a place with a better connection

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-04, 11:24

The easiest way would be to just pull the branch from launchpad using bazaar. Then you need to install the latest build of Nordfrieses branch and use it with datadir option pointing to the data dir of my branch.
If you can't do this give me a note and I'll try to find another solution.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-04, 22:57

ok bugs are gettinger fewer. was able to play crater for over an hour. In latest issue I made some adjustments due to playing experience:
- rare tress are planted in a sequence of ironwood, rubber, balsa, ironwood, rubber as balsa piled up while the aothers were missing
- ropeweaver was very slow so I reduced working cycle by 10 sec as rope is very important.

in general they work pretty good but they are not that easy to play.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-04, 23:48

hessenfarmer wrote:

ok bugs are gettinger fewer. was able to play crater for over an hour. In latest issue I made some adjustments due to playing experience:
- rare tress are planted in a sequence of ironwood, rubber, balsa, ironwood, rubber as balsa piled up while the aothers were missing
- ropeweaver was very slow so I reduced working cycle by 10 sec as rope is very important.

how about the rare tree planter plants trees according to economy requests? that way, it should stop planting balsa once there's no more need for it.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-05, 08:44

king_of_nowhere wrote:

hessenfarmer wrote:

how about the rare tree planter plants trees according to economy requests? that way, it should stop planting balsa once there's no more need for it.

Good Idea. Didn't think about that. will implement it this way tonight.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-05, 11:40

Tried to play a game of 4 amazon AIs:

ERROR: Unused key "species" in LuaTable. Please report as a bug.

WARNING: Productionsite amazons_water_gatherers_hut has a workarea but does not inform about any conflicting buildings

widelands: ../src/ai/defaultai.cc:898: void DefaultAI::late_initialization(): Assertion `count_buildings_with_attribute(BuildingAttribute::kRanger) == 1' failed.

Top Quote
Tibor

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-05, 11:42

The last one is a problem - each tribe has to have one and only one ranger.... Of course, the name of building is irrelevant, but somewhere in the LUA files you must assign which building is a ranger

EDIT: SORRY I was wrong:

To identify the ranger the production hints should contain "log", see particular code:

https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/trunk/view/head:/src/ai/defaultai.cc#L672

Edited: 2019-09-05, 11:46

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-05, 15:39

Thanks for your inputs. I was suspecting these assertions as well. I will need to adopt the Ai hints then, which I will try tonight. So let's see what I can achieve.

Top Quote