Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Post bugs which should be fixed in build21

GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-28, 19:38

Nordfriese wrote:

Yes, but every found flag is ignored with 50% chance, and then again with a chance that depends on the distance to the flag compared to the closest flag found. This causes the worker to ignore a lot of flags and makes it look as if he only had a tiny bias towards his homeland (and also towards isolated flags that may remain after a defeat…)

This can definitely be tweaked

Edit: and I´d suggest that the worker checks whether a nearby flag is connected to a warehouse before considering whether to move towards it

Unless I am misreading the code, they do that already.

So, I think we have 3 points here that we can change:

1. Increase the chance of a worker to move to a flag that's connected to a warehouse
  2. A flag connected to a militarysite that needs soldiers should also do for a soldier
  3. Return soldiers to their militarysite's map coordinates and continue looking for a usable flag from there

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-28, 20:26

Further bugs:

• Soldiers which are at the end of the military building list cannot attack

• enhanced buildings can start with the storage settings of the building which has been enhanced (for example if the latter building has been still a constructionside where the settings have been changed, or even not changed (honey bread bakery for example?))

• chosing economy profile at the wares window doesn't change the worker window (and vice versa, I guess)

• Default tribe is not random but depends on the map editor.

• sometimes, the building statistics window can sound very loud, when you click on it, don't know how that happens

• if economy settings are opened, but hidden behind other windows, they don't go to the foreground if one clicks again on "open" ( like they did in build19)

Edited: 2019-08-28, 20:28

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-28, 20:43

Soldiers which are at the end of the military building list cannot attack

One soldier always has to stay at home. We didn´t implement a user´s choice for that yet because it would horribly mess up the attack box GUI if we grouped all available soldiers by building. And setting it for every milsite individually is annoying. Suggest a good GUI that also scales well and we´ll implement it…

enhanced buildings can start with the storage settings of the building which has been enhanced (for example if the latter building has been still a constructionside where the settings have been changed, or even not changed (honey bread bakery for example?))

A feature. E.g. if you want your axworkshop to have highest iron priority, you´ll likely want that for the warmill as well.

chosing economy profile at the wares window doesn't change the worker window (and vice versa, I guess)

This is on purpose – we never change what the user doesn´t see

Default tribe is not random but depends on the map editor.

I consider it a feature that map designers can suggest default tribes face-wink.png

if economy settings are opened, but hidden behind other windows, they don't go to the foreground if one clicks again on "open" ( like they did in build19)

Did they? (I don´t remember) But should be changed of course

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-28, 20:44

What about moving the statistics button to its old place at the left again? Isn't everyone used to have it there?

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-28, 22:38

I moved that one because I wanted logical groupings in the menu:

• Technical stuff (options, save/leave game)
  • View (minimap, show/hide things, game speed)
  • Interaction with other players (chat)
  • Info about your Tribe & Game (Statistics, Objectives, Messages)
  • Help

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
JanO
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2019-08-29, 00:26

Nordfriese wrote:

One soldier always has to stay at home. We didn´t implement a user´s choice for that yet because it would horribly mess up the attack box GUI if we grouped all available soldiers by building. And setting it for every milsite individually is annoying. Suggest a good GUI that also scales well and we´ll implement it…

I am still in favour of a possibility to sort soldiers in each militarysite manually. Instead of having one line with all soldiers, there could be three: One for attacking candidates, one for soldiers who leave the building for defense purposes and one line for soldiers who have to stay in the building until the end. The last one should maybe be limited to one or two, otherwise healing stuff could make a big site full of heroes unconquerable.

Other idea for visual implementation: Give each soldier inside a militarysite tags by clicking on them (maybe press some button while doing so, the simple clicking would still release the soldier). With tags soldiers could be assigned to more than one task.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-01, 14:58

JanO wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

I am still in favour of a possibility to sort soldiers in each militarysite manually. Instead of having one line with all soldiers, there could be three: One for attacking candidates, one for soldiers who leave the building for defense purposes and one line for soldiers who have to stay in the building until the end.

The disadvantage could be that the soldiers would maybe be less flexible, or am I wrong? It could be uncomfortable to manage the lists all the time when you need a defense or an attack.

The last one should maybe be limited to one or two, otherwise healing stuff could make a big site full of heroes unconquerable.

At the other hand, the heroes could be killed by attacking heroes one after another, or even by weaker soldiers if they stop the defenders from retreating multiple times, which often happens.

GunChleoc wrote:

I moved that one because I wanted logical groupings in the menu:

• Technical stuff (options, save/leave game)
  • View (minimap, show/hide things, game speed)
  • Interaction with other players (chat)
  • Info about your Tribe & Game (Statistics, Objectives, Messages)
  • Help

Okay

Nordfriese wrote:

Soldiers which are at the end of the military building list cannot attack

One soldier always has to stay at home. We didn´t implement a user´s choice for that yet because it would horribly mess up the attack box GUI if we grouped all available soldiers by building. And setting it for every milsite individually is annoying.

Okay

Suggest a good GUI that also scales well and we´ll implement it…

I don't know any

enhanced buildings can start with the storage settings of the building which has been enhanced (for example if the latter building has been still a constructionside where the settings have been changed, or even not changed (honey bread bakery for example?))

A feature. E.g. if you want your axworkshop to have highest iron priority, you´ll likely want that for the warmill as well.

At the other hand, all the time if you build an enhanced military building directly, you normally have to change the settings...

chosing economy profile at the wares window doesn't change the worker window (and vice versa, I guess)

This is on purpose – we never change what the user doesn´t see

At the other hand, it's surprising that the worker window doesn't get changed. But however, a solution for the problem could be to unite the two windows - current tribes have only two worker settings, they wouldn't take much space in the ware window...

Default tribe is not random but depends on the map editor.

I consider it a feature that map designers can suggest default tribes face-wink.png

But almost all maps are older than this "feature", so for a long time it would be more useful to make random tribe default. face-wink.png

if economy settings are opened, but hidden behind other windows, they don't go to the foreground if one clicks again on "open" ( like they did in build19)

Did they? (I don´t remember)

Yes

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-02, 17:48

WorldSavior wrote:

Did they? (I don´t remember)

Yes

Confirmed and bug report written https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1842335

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Topic Opener
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-09-04, 21:27

Can someone with a windows machine please test if the bug is fixed?

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
niektory
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2019-09-04, 23:53

kaputtnik wrote:

Can someone with a windows machine please test if the bug is fixed?

What exactly needs to be tested?

Top Quote