Posted at: 2019-08-17, 01:41

Thats growing excellent face-smile.png Wow

Top Quote
teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-08-17, 10:22

king_of_nowhere wrote:

I worry about the mechanic described, though: every soldier raised as a rookie, it means that rookies can be sacrificed completely for free, with weird effects on early game. while on heroes it has a negligible impact, as riasing a rookie from a hero still loses over 90% of the value.

Ways to overcome:

• Temple of resurrection has running costs. Replenishable ones to resurrect rookies; priests have an eye for gold (heroes tend to lose a gold item or two in addition)
  • Temple has a limited range and significant building costs.
  • Other kind of inefficiency (like the priest needs to walk to be present at the battle site at the moment of death, else no recovery. Since priest is not evewhere, moves slowly and sometimes lodges, only a fraction of soldiers are lucky enough)

EDIT: The running cost thing is quite nasty -- Does one have to pay the running costs constantly? If there is a starting delay, one cannot just start running the temple by the time enemy attacks, but must keep it running constantly to get the benefit. Ouch.

Edited: 2019-08-17, 10:28

Top Quote
TheHunter
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-08-17, 17:13

We need that,it looks like its being approved by most of comunity,if people agree Egyptians will have ressurection.Also like i said in past it will make them unique.

Progress Report:

• Quarry model is fully textured
  • Port Model is created and textured
  • HQ model is updated a bit

Bazaar Branch

I will try to set it up soon,but yet you wont see anything there

I will push it when

• I have created at least 6 production sites
  • Created at least 2 Military sites
  • Created all warehouse building types(HQ,warehouse,port)

So you will have something to judge.Also NONE of models are final,they will be updated over the course of development.

Edited: 2019-08-17, 17:15

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-17, 20:19

Balancing the cost for resurrection is a bit of a problem. ideally we'd want some 70-80% of the value being lost in resurrection so it's a meaningful saving (worth the extra building spaces it's going to take) but won't be too much of an advantage. problem is managing resurrections across all the different training levels. so I have a question for the dev guys:

would it be hard to change the "soldier" worker into several different worker type "rookie soldier", "soldier", "veteran", "hero", with the belonging to a category dictated by how many promotions a soldier has? Say, a soldier is a rookie as long as it has 0 promotions, as soon as it gets a promotion it becomes a soldier, with 3 promotions it becomes a veteran, and it becomes a hero starting at 7 promotions? because then we could set a cost to raise soldiers (in food, gold, silk, whatever we see fit) and balance the cost according to the category.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-17, 21:32

That would be too complicated, but we could code a training-level-dependent soldier→soldier_dead conversion. Then the living soldier´s levels define whether he becomes a soldier_dead_rookie, soldier_dead_hero etc. There would also be corresponding worker types soldier_wounded_rookie, soldier_wounded_hero etc; finally the scout and pyramid will have multiple working cycles (one for each type) with in the case of the pyramid different costs and different output levels.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-18, 00:25

Nordfriese wrote:

Remembering a soldier´s levels after is death will be quite tricky. But how about making the chance that a soldier can be resurrected depend on levels? If the soldier has 0 levels, the chance that he turns into a soldier_dead is 0 and it increases by 10% per level.

So there would be 100% for a level 10 soldiers. Big problem if he would turn again into a level 10 soldier, but okay if he would turn into a level 0 soldier.

einstein13 wrote:

why do we want another tribe? We have already 4 of them and one is not finished yet.

That one is not finished is a good point, but I don't think that 4 are that much, it's rather a small amount of tribes so far.

TheHunter wrote: I like the idea of dead warriors being ressurected.That wont require Barracks for Egyptians.

Resurrection could not replace recruiting completely.

Now i need help about third raw food type for the tribe.

Are dates already included?

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
TheHunter
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-08-18, 17:01

Well Dates are used for making drinks,we need another type of food used to make rations..etc.I thought a little about leeks,because i read taht Egyptians grew them.But we have a ton of farms.

Also Silk is replaced by Linen,and i added Flax farm.

Top Quote
TheHunter
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-08-18, 19:54

I couldnt resist...Here is Egyptians Port rendered in an image.

Egyptians Port

Tell me what you think and what should i change.

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-18, 20:14

TheHunter wrote:

Tell me what you think and what should i change.

I know that it is a hard work, but maybe replacing the tower with a replica of Lighthouse of Alexandria ? face-smile.png

I mean something that will have fireplace or something...

Anyway: great job!

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
TheHunter
Topic Opener
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-08-18, 20:19

Hey nice idea,i like it.Ill try to.

Edit:Its not that hard to make it.Ill probably remove some small details,but still it should be finished tomorrow.

Egyptians Port Here it goes.Changed Tower just as einstein13 said.Hope you like it.

Edited: 2019-08-19, 13:30

Top Quote