Topic: Post bugs which should be fixed in build21

WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-16, 21:31

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

A new critical bug showed up: Some buildings are not working at all. In my savegame, for example one deep iron mine is working fine, but the two others aren't doing anything even though they must work. Other buildings show the same problem, for example some honey bakeries. Maybe the bug shows up if one had kicked a worker in the past?

Save file: https://ufile.io/1me30gef (file will be gone after a month)

sounds bad. may I ask for WL version

and some coordinates in the savegame

B -> Mines -> Deep Iron mines.

Many coalmines also refuse to work. One even refuses to put meals out. Starting/ Stopping doesn't solve the problem, but now I discovered a solution: Kicking out the master miner and wait for a new one.

Edit: The buildings don't work, but the statistics don't change

Edited: 2019-08-16, 21:33

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-16, 22:42

Did you save and reload between the time when you dismissed a worker (do you remember which one?) and the time when you noticed their inactivity?

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-16, 23:25

Nordfriese wrote:

Did you save and reload between the time when you dismissed a worker (do you remember which one?) and the time when you noticed their inactivity?

No, I didn't. I kicked the first worker out, because this is the miner who had become a master miner. For making the mine work again, one has to kick out the second worker ( and i don't know if that works every time). Very nasty is that it's very hard to recognize that the building doesn't work.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-17, 12:55

Found the bug. Reason was that the main worker didn´t notice when a new worker arrived, so he perpetually believed there was still a worker missing.

Merge request

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-17, 23:52

Very good

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-08-18, 18:07

There is one very annoying bug, I'd like to call dying of heroes. When Player A sends soldiers to attack Player B and Player B sends soldiers to attack the building where Player A sent its soldiers from. The moment Player B conquers this building Player A's soldiers stop attacking and since they don't have a building to return to, so they wander around and die. This is especially annoying when loosing many heroes this way. Instead, soldiers should return to their former building and try to reconquer it.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-19, 20:26

stonerl wrote:

There is one very annoying bug, I'd like to call dying of heroes. When Player A sends soldiers to attack Player B and Player B sends soldiers to attack the building where Player A sent its soldiers from. The moment Player B conquers this building Player A's soldiers stop attacking and since they don't have a building to return to, so they wander around and die. This is especially annoying when loosing many heroes this way. Instead, soldiers should return to their former building and try to reconquer it.

For me the bug is that military buildings can be conquered at all instead of being destroyed.

But it might be true, it could be more reasonable if soldiers could retreat to their lands instead of wandering randomly around.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-20, 18:40

WorldSavior wrote:

stonerl wrote:

For me the bug is that military buildings can be conquered at all instead of being destroyed.

But it might be true, it could be more reasonable if soldiers could retreat to their lands instead of wandering randomly around.

I think that would be a good solution. At the same time, they could still keep an eye out for a road to return to a warehouse.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-08-20, 20:46

I always considered the soldiers (and workers) behaviour of searching for an own flag as a feature and not a bug. Therefore I really don't know if I am happy with the proposed change.

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-08-20, 20:58

hessenfarmer wrote:

I always considered the soldiers (and workers) behaviour of searching for an own flag as a feature and not a bug. Therefore I really don't know if I am happy with the proposed change.

Well, the problem is that most of the time they don't find a flag. Especially when they are foreign land. I could live with an increased time (endless would be even better) before the soldiers die. I don't mind normal workers, but a fully trained soldier is costly and loosing one, just because he wasn't able to find a flag in time, is very cumbersome.

Top Quote