Latest Posts

Topic: Improving default economy settings

WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-21, 11:17

I vote for 1. It makes the feature even more useful and seems to be not complicated to use...

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-21, 17:24

You make a good case for 1. The reason this came up is that it wasn't obvious to me - shall we add something to the economy tutorial to teach this?

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-21, 19:45

Nordfriese wrote:

If you want to make settings that apply specifically to one group of wares, that can only be done with option 1).

I don't think so face-smile.png

One can set economy targets to all wares and apply them to one profile, which can be loaded at once (option 2). This is much more understandable than option 1, imho.

There is a need to explain this in a tutorial. Just because it tends to be complicated and can lead into confusion.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-21, 20:49

kaputtnik wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

If you want to make settings that apply specifically to one group of wares, that can only be done with option 1).

One can set economy targets to all wares and apply them to one profile, which can be loaded at once (option 2). This is much more understandable than option 1, imho.

I think that you misunderstood Nordfriese a little bit. He means that there are cases in a game where you want to change just a part of the economy settings.

Imho option 1 is not hard to understand. And it's very useful, for example one could create a profile which contains only very high numbers. So, if you are in a game you can decide at any time to set the settings of any ware to a very high number.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-21, 21:08

WorldSavior wrote:

kaputtnik wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

I think that you misunderstood Nordfriese a little bit. He means that there are cases in a game where you want to change just a part of the economy settings.

Yep, that´s exactly what I meant face-smile.png

There is a need to explain this in a tutorial. Just because it tends to be complicated and can lead into confusion.

It´s actually a quite straightforward feature, but a long and very detailed discussion makes it seem bigger than it is face-smile.png
I´ll write an addition to the economy tutorial soon to explain about Profiles (and the overlapping workareas too, as there was a request to explain those as well face-smile.png ).

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-21, 22:41

was not following this actively but now I got on track I really appreciate option 1 thanks for implementing.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-06-22, 13:30

Option 1 it is then, and it's already in trunk face-smile.png

Before you touch the economy tutorial, please wait for https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/toolbar-dropdown-scripting-review-only/+merge/368228

The merge conflicts could get very ugly.

Edited: 2019-06-22, 13:30

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote