Latest Posts

Topic: Build 15 build problems

Xav

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2010-06-03, 11:03

Hi, I just tried to build Build 15. However, "make" terminated:

[ 30%] Building CXX object src/editor/ui_menus/CMakeFiles/widelands_editor_ui_menus.dir/editor_tool_set_terrain_options_menu.cc.o
[ 30%] Building CXX object src/editor/ui_menus/CMakeFiles/widelands_editor_ui_menus.dir/editor_tool_noise_height_options_menu.cc.o
[ 30%] Building CXX object src/editor/ui_menus/CMakeFiles/widelands_editor_ui_menus.dir/editor_tool_options_menu.cc.o
[ 30%] Building CXX object src/editor/ui_menus/CMakeFiles/widelands_editor_ui_menus.dir/event_message_box_option_menu.cc.o
[ 31%] Building CXX object src/editor/ui_menus/CMakeFiles/widelands_editor_ui_menus.dir/trigger_ownership_option_menu.cc.o
[ 31%] Building CXX object src/editor/ui_menus/CMakeFiles/widelands_editor_ui_menus.dir/editor_player_menu_allowed_buildings_menu.cc.o
[ 31%] Building CXX object src/editor/ui_menus/CMakeFiles/widelands_editor_ui_menus.dir/editor_main_menu_random_map.cc.o
/home/xaverw/Downloads/widelands-build15-src/src/editor/ui_menus/editor_main_menu_random_map.cc: In constructor »Main_Menu_New_Random_Map::Main_Menu_New_Random_Map(Editor_Interactive&)«: /home/xaverw/Downloads/widelands-build15-src/src/editor/ui_menus/editor_main_menu_random_map.cc:275:60: Fehler: cannot call constructor »Widelands::World::World« directly /home/xaverw/Downloads/widelands-build15-src/src/editor/ui_menus/editor_main_menu_random_map.cc:275:60: Fehler: for a function-style cast, remove the redundant »::World« /home/xaverw/Downloads/widelands-build15-src/src/editor/ui_menus/editor_main_menu_random_map.cc: In Elementfunktion »void Main_Menu_New_Random_Map::button_clicked(int32_t)«: /home/xaverw/Downloads/widelands-build15-src/src/editor/ui_menus/editor_main_menu_random_map.cc:346:61: Fehler: cannot call constructor »Widelands::World::World« directly /home/xaverw/Downloads/widelands-build15-src/src/editor/ui_menus/editor_main_menu_random_map.cc:346:61: Fehler: for a function-style cast, remove the redundant »::World« /home/xaverw/Downloads/widelands-build15-src/src/editor/ui_menus/editor_main_menu_random_map.cc: In Elementfunktion »void Main_Menu_New_Random_Map::id_edit_box_changed()«: /home/xaverw/Downloads/widelands-build15-src/src/editor/ui_menus/editor_main_menu_random_map.cc:479:61: Fehler: cannot call constructor »Widelands::World::World« directly /home/xaverw/Downloads/widelands-build15-src/src/editor/ui_menus/editor_main_menu_random_map.cc:479:61: Fehler: for a function-style cast, remove the redundant »::World« make[2]: [src/editor/ui_menus/CMakeFiles/widelands_editor_ui_menus.dir/editor_main_menu_random_map.cc.o] Fehler 1 make[1]: [src/editor/ui_menus/CMakeFiles/widelands_editor_ui_menus.dir/all] Fehler 2 make: *** [all] Fehler 2

BTW, is this the "official" way to report bugs? There's no tracker on sourceforge. Actually, there is not even the latest build available from sourceforge...

Top Quote
Astuur
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-06-03, 11:28

For answers to the rest of your post, you'll have to wait for more competent folks I'm afraid, but the official bugtracker is here .

WL has recently moved away from SourceForge.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
Xav

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2010-06-03, 11:40

Astuur wrote: WL has recently moved away from SourceForge.

Well then it might be good to make that clear, maybe take the old releases off, otherwise people will download & play outdated versions. As for the tracker, OK, I was just blind face-wink.png

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-06-03, 12:31

This is a known problem with C++ conformance that only came up with recent releases of g++.

You can just remove the redundant ::World as the compiler suggests, as we have since done in trunk, that's simple enough. Otherwise you can try compiling with an older version of g++ if you still have them installed. (In the CMake GUI, select the ability to see advanced settings, then you'll see a setting like CMAKE_CXX_EXECUTABLE or something, which you can change to the compiler you want to use.)

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-06-03, 12:36

Xav wrote:

Astuur wrote: WL has recently moved away from SourceForge.

Well then it might be good to make that clear, maybe take the old releases off, otherwise people will download & play outdated versions. As for the tracker, OK, I was just blind

Don't think you can make it clearer as it is at the moment ;).

Please take one closer look at the sf.net pages - at the main page is a note: "Note: Widelands is now hosted by launchpad: http://launchpad.net/widelands. Historical downloads and the mailinglist remain on sf.net." at the download page is the same note + all downloads are under category "Old releases !!!"

Anything more to do? face-wink.png

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-06-03, 12:54

Nasenbaer wrote:

Anything more to do?

I changed the standard download for all platforms to a note with a link to launchpad and the widelands homepage

That's all I can think of what we can do, if we want to keep our file archive online.

Top Quote
Xav

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2010-06-03, 15:15

OK, thanks for now, I think I'll just wait for Build 16 or maybe try the bazaar code....

Nasenbaer wrote: Please take one closer look at the sf.net pages - at the main page is a note: "Note: Widelands is now hosted by launchpad: http://launchpad.net/widelands. Historical downloads and the mailinglist remain on sf.net." at the download page is the same note + all downloads are under category "Old releases !!!" Anything more to do?

OK, sorry, I did not see that. However, i'm not the only one that doesn't read the sourceforge description - your sourceforge statistics show ~100 daily downloads of the old releases - surely not all on purpose. With the new note, it's much clearer though.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-06-03, 16:27

Xav wrote:

OK, sorry, I did not see that. However, i'm not the only one that doesn't read the sourceforge description - your sourceforge statistics show ~100 daily downloads of the old releases - surely not all on purpose. With the new note, it's much clearer though.

Unfortunally you are absolutely right - but what's even worse, is the fact, that people are downloading even older releases than build14 in high numbers. Seems some websites link directly to the old download files - and to make it even more complicated: even "deleting" these files from the widelands-project on sf.net will not remove them from the mirrors - so the old files (and so the download links on extern pages) will still be reachable... face-confused.png

Seems we just have to wait and hope that more and more linking websites update their information about Widelands.

Top Quote
ixprefect

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-06-03, 17:32

Maybe there is a way to track the referrers for these links, so we can notify the hoster(s)?

Anyway, I simply think everybody who sees a link to an older release of Widelands somewhere should just take the (very short) time it takes to send a quick e-mail to the corresponding webmaster to inform them about the new release. It only takes two or three minutes to write a friendly mail with the relevant links, and it will certainly help to spread the happy news around face-wink.png

Edit: I just did just that for a German website which I found via a Google search for Widelands. Now, everybody, join in, and hopefully we can stop people from downloading old versions in a short time.

Edited: 2010-06-03, 17:37

Top Quote
Xav

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2010-06-05, 20:44

I've also done a quick google search and it doesn't look too bad - some of the pages writing about an old build really do link to sourceforge/widelands.org/a current version download.

However, here are two more bad ones (I was too lazy to email them): http://www.gamona.de/downloads/gratis-spiele,widelands-vollversion-build-10:download,479512.html http://download.chip.eu/de/Widelands-Linux-_576210.html (also on other "localised" chip pages)

One means of distribution that one can hardly adress though remains: Bittorrent&Co...

Top Quote