Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Build 20

kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-18, 21:59

Great face-smile.png Many thanks WorldSavior, and of course the other game participants!

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-19, 07:55

Good news!

Now all that remains is updating our configuration for AppVeyor, because their library versions just changed. I'm on it.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-21, 15:46

kaputtnik wrote:

Great face-smile.png Many thanks WorldSavior, and of course the other game participants!

You're welcome

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-23, 09:59

Build 20 Release Candidate 1

We are glad to announce that Build 20 Release Candidate 1 is now ready for download. There is a known issue with the Mac builds where sounds won't play. We will look into that for the final release.

Edited: 2019-04-23, 10:00

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
freem

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2019-04-25, 14:44

I have posted a message about being unable to build, with specific setup. I've found how to build, but can't reply or edit my own message since the thread awaits moderation. I'm replaying some campaign scenarios, and I notice a huge slow down when there are dialogs (tron says, and alike, that kind of popup). I would not say this is a blocking point, and, it may be due to the fact I have not dbus daemon running on Debian. The performance problems I had because of SDL2 relying on dbus being present on Debian are not new to me, so maybe it's not related to widelands. Also, except those "paused for popup" moment, for now, I've still seen nothing that would slow down a new version.

Again, thanks for your work on that game.

[edit] Ok, correction, I do have performance problems in normal game. It seems to be related to the fact I moved focus outside widelands and then back: when widelands is not focused, or focus never left widelands, there is a small perf ("au doigt mouillé" roughly 100% of one CPU virtual core is spent in system calls, probably because SDL2 spends time spouting shit about "process 28307: D-Bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/etc/machine-id": Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type") impact. This small (my settlers are moving nicely, on second screen) when not focused becomes huge when I actually try to interact with dialog box (cursor jumps, move from, say, 1,1 to 50,50, if you see what I mean).

I'll probably edit or reply to that post soon. Still don't think those things are release blockers, since I am using an uncommon setup (no dbus here, no standard desktop environment) and this is probably linked to a SDL2 issue.

[edit2] Ok, another problem, it seems widelands no longer accept keyboard input when I go out and back. This may be related to some X11 events not being managed, I'll try to find a way to overcome that as a user. Note that I am using a tiling window manager, so, again, that issue is probably rare and only concerns few people.

[edit3]

Ok, sorry for the flood, it seems changing widelands window's shape/coordinate/something_related fixes the previous problem. Again, do not consider my issues as blockers, I do not use a usual setup. But the fact keyboard shortcuts still don't reply (for 's' and 'c' keys, not the space ' ') is is still true.

[edit4] Ok, should be 5... the perf problem is really linked to dialog boxes, for example savegame.

[edit6] sorry... it seems to restart widelands fixed the behavior about 's' and 'c' keys not having effects.

[edit7] Ok, so, the 'c' and 's' behaviors I described before are not a but, they are undocumented changes: it seems the zoom level changes the fact if yes or no labels are printed. Since there is no indication about the zoom level currently in use, I was surprised to not see labels appearing. This changes when zoom change. Also, I'm really sorry to do that many edits, but I think it's better than spamming the forum?

Edited: 2019-04-25, 15:07

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-25, 18:36

The edits are fine face-smile.png

We disable the labels on purpose when the player zooms out too far because

1. They would become too tiny to read anyway
  2. They cause performance problems

The performance problems for the story message windows are interesting - I haven't noticed anything myself though.

Everything else seems indeed to be related to your particular setup. You could try hitting the "Pause" key before defocusing the Widelands window to see if that helps.

It seems like your other topic has run afoul of our spam filter and I can't convince it to show right now. We'll have to wait for kaputtnik to see if he can fix it. Fortunately, I can see it and answer your questions:

To build a release build with out ASan, run

./compile.sh -r

You can skip the website binaries too:

./compile.sh -r -w

For more options, type

./compile.sh --help
Edited: 2019-04-25, 18:45

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-04-26, 11:14

Just a question should we do some additional AI-Training before the release?

Top Quote
Tibor

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-26, 12:28

stonerl wrote:

Just a question should we do some additional AI-Training before the release?

Probably not. Unless you want to dedicate a week (24*7) of your PC time for it...

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-05, 10:50

The download page has been updated and all release announcements done.

I have also created new pages on itch.io and Indie DB.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-05-05, 17:14

I sent a message to omg! ubuntu!.

Top Quote