Latest Posts

Topic: Frisian Balancing

Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-10-12, 15:22

But this leads me to another idea that might be worth discussing. Perhaps we could lower the individual experience somewhat more if we introduce more needs for experience in the tribe. This could allow for faster upgrades while still having a tribe that needs lots of experience and so keep its character. @ Nordfriese what do you think about this?

I´d like having more workers who need experience, but the only worker for whom it would make sense is the landlady as far as I can see. Which workers do you have in mind?

I am not a big fan of fixing things in the starting conditions. But this has the advantage that you can set different difficulty by different starting conditions. But as there is no "default" starting condition for balancing the tribe should have a fair chance in every normal starting condition. Of course this is a different story for "hardcore" starting conditions.

Well, Trading Outpost is cheating mode (replenishing wares for free), so it doesn´t count. Village is supposed to be somewhat more challenging (but not hardcore). This leaves only Headquarters and Fortified Village.

In my opinion, we should aim to have a greater variety of starting conditions (for all tribes) in b21. At least a real hardcore start with only a HQ containing the absolute minimum of resources, and a very difficult start with about 2 or 3 times as many wares as in hardcore…

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-10-13, 10:59

WorldSavior wrote:

I've already provided a correction file.

And I have finally updated the branch with it.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-01-16, 23:29

Maybe honey bread bakeries are too slow and too expensive? And other buildings are too expensive as well (for example smokery, reindeer farm, furnace, recycling center, large armor smithy, drinking hall )?

Edited: 2019-01-17, 00:11

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-03, 14:24

Why is nothing happening here? Frisians are still too weak on big maps and possibly also on small maps. @Nordfriese: Why don't you solve these problems? If anyone is responsible for that tribe, it's you.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-03, 21:20

WorldSavior wrote:

Why is nothing happening here? Frisians are still too weak on big maps and possibly also on small maps. @Nordfriese: Why don't you solve these problems? If anyone is responsible for that tribe, it's you.

Maybe it is not his highest priority. If so this is fully ok as he is doing other great things for the game and currently he is the most active developer in the game. So I really don't like the offending subtone in this post.
Furthermore the related bug is still assigned to me so if you want to blame someone its me. But don't expect to happen something on this very soon as my first priority is currently the AI and adding addtional Missions to the game. I admit that they are still somewhat disadvantaged on some maps. But I think the gap isn't that big anymore so it gets down the list somewhat. Unfortunately Due to all the development work I don't have that much time to play myself and by this I currently can't evaluate the definitve weakness and a possible cure to this. However if anybody could provide explicit changes or explicit weaknesses I will probably discuss them.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-04, 11:51

hessenfarmer wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Maybe it is not his highest priority. If so this is fully ok as he is doing other great things for the game and currently he is the most active developer in the game. So I really don't like the offending subtone in this post.

It wasn't meant as an offense. @Nordfriese: Are you offended? If so - I'm sorry.

Furthermore the related bug is still assigned to me so if you want to blame someone its me. But don't expect to happen something on this very soon as my first priority is currently the AI and adding addtional Missions to the game. I admit that they are still somewhat disadvantaged on some maps. But I think the gap isn't that big anymore so it gets down the list somewhat. Unfortunately Due to all the development work I don't have that much time to play myself and by this I currently can't evaluate the definitve weakness and a possible cure to this. However if anybody could provide explicit changes or explicit weaknesses I will probably discuss them.

Why didn't you discuss the weaknesses which I mentioned then?

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-04, 12:44

You did sound a bit offensive – apology accepted.

Maybe honey bread bakeries are too slow and too expensive? And other buildings are too expensive as well (for example smokery,

OK, the speed could be improved. "too expensive" – did you mean buildcosts or consumed wares? If the latter – I don´t see what could reasonably be changed there. The first could be lowered though for some buildings, though personally I don´t see a real necessity for it…

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-04, 12:57

WorldSavior wrote:

Why didn't you discuss the weaknesses which I mentioned then?

Cause it went somewhat out of my focus while fixing bugs for the b20 release. Sorry for that. So by this getting some attention back to this topic was basically a good idea.
So please help to get back on track a bit. Did you identify other issues than the honeybread bakeries? Could you propose values to change and give some background why this should be done with regard to the production chain. (e.g. what does solving a bottleneck here to other productionsites. would there be a bottle neck elsewhere?). Although my first priority remains the AI currently cause I have digged so deep in the code I don't want to loose focus now.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-04, 12:57

Nordfriese wrote:

Maybe honey bread bakeries are too slow and too expensive? And other buildings are too expensive as well (for example smokery,

OK, the speed could be improved.

Maybe making them baking honey bread as fast as they bake normal bread?

"too expensive" – did you mean buildcosts or consumed wares?

Buildcosts

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-05-16, 09:26

Nordfriese wrote:

Yes, for example honey bread bakeries are very slow, and training consumes a lot of food

OK, which buildings should be sped up?

• Honey bread bakery and mead brewery

• Smokery?

• Normal bakery and brewery are fine IMHO

• Tavern/drinking hall are also fine

• Armour smithies already were greatly sped up, not again please

• Furnaces could be improved

Ok I will look into my excel tables whether I can come up with reasonable and justified values. Any well explained suggestion for them is also highly appreciated

Top Quote