Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Need Help with Playing Game

tunetokheyno
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2019-04-13, 20:18

hello, thanks for creating a stable Linux game, I have a few issues I hope you can assist me through

Is it possible to rotate viewing camera?

how do I create soldiers? I sent them to fight an AI and some didn't make it so the buildings are now empty

The shipyard just keeps creating ships but they do nothing and the sail to destination button is greyed out

Is there a market or a way to get needed resources because I can't seem to find enough granite/coal/gold to mine

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-13, 20:26

tunetokheyno wrote:

hello, thanks for creating a stable Linux game, I have a few issues I hope you can assist me through

Yes we can face-smile.png

Is it possible to rotate viewing camera?

No

how do I create soldiers? I sent them to fight an AI and some didn't make it so the buildings are now empty

If you have a Widelands version which is younger than build19, you need barracks to create soldiers. If you play build19 or older, you need to produce soldier equipment and if then there is some free soldier slot (for example in a military building or a training site), your warehouses will create the soldiers. I can recommend to play the tutorials and the campaign, they explain a lot of stuff.

The shipyard just keeps creating ships but they do nothing and the sail to destination button is greyed out

If you build a port in the same lake, you can start there an expedition. Check out the seafaring turorial for further details

Is there a market or a way to get needed resources because I can't seem to find enough granite/coal/gold to mine

Not really, but you could play with the "trading outpost" starting condition, which gives you some free resources.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
tunetokheyno
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2019-04-13, 20:38

Thanks a lot for the info, i am playing all the tutorials now

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-13, 20:57

likely you missed some fundamental link in the economy. it just takes one missing building and nothing works. the tutorials should explain it all, though.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-04-16, 00:11

tunetokheyno wrote:

Thanks a lot for the info, i am playing all the tutorials now

You are welcome. I hope the tutorials are helpful?

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote