Latest Posts

Topic: Bugs

WorldSavior
Topic Opener
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-03-17, 14:01

Isn't it visible in build 19 how much points each team has gotten in woodgnome (like in collectors)? In trunk9006 I cannot see how much points combined my opponents team has gotten.

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
stonerl
Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2019-03-17, 14:40

WorldSavior wrote:

Isn't it visible in build 19 how much points each team has gotten in woodgnome (like in collectors)? In trunk9006 I cannot see how much points combined my opponents team has gotten.

Nope, build19 did only show the individual players score. Team score needs to be implemented.

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-03-17, 21:01

Nordfriese wrote:

You have three bugs in one savegame here face-wink.png

Hi, just out of curiosity I loaded the savegame in the zip file with r9017 and let it run for some time with accelerated time. I did nothing else and the constructionsites of the zitadels the reed farmers and the farmer and every other site shown in the PNG file were finished. After they had been finished the crash was not reproducible while it was reproducible in the beginning rigth after loading.

The crash was easy to fix, I created a merge request. The problem is that a worker who is waiting to carry a ware into his building from the flag before it doesn´t notice (yet) if you burn down his house underneath him.

The economy problem is actually unrelated to the crash, but it has to be fixed as well of course. I´ll start on that one next.

see above perhaps there isn't a problem at all. My guess is that a the logs fot hte construction make their way from an overseas port. This lasts obviously long time.

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-03-17, 21:18

I did nothing else and the constructionsites of the zitadels the reed farmers and the farmer and every other site shown in the PNG file were finished.

Ok, then that might not be a bug after all here…

After they had been finished the crash was not reproducible while it was reproducible in the beginning rigth after loading.

This crash is (theoretically) reproducible only when you dismantle/destroy a port while so many wares are lying on its flag that the workers can´t all come out in time to fetch them. This situation happens fairly rarely. For some reason, destroying the southern port shortly after loading the savegame causes it at the northern port (and perhaps the one in the middle?).

The economy problem is actually unrelated to the crash, but it has to be fixed as well of course. I´ll start on that one next.

see above perhaps there isn't a problem at all

I meant the "Error, could not find a route!!" messages. Those should never, ever occur in a game, and they likely are an indicator that something is (at least temporarily) seriously wrong with the internal state of the game.
These logs appear only for a short time and I didn´t observe any unusual behaviour, but I´ll check anyway what causes them…

Top Quote
Nordfriese
Version: Latest master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-03-17, 21:56

Good news, these logs appear only in a corner case, and although there is an underlying problem, it is fixed automatically within 1-2 seconds, so it is not worth fixing this IMHO.
The problem is that some carriers who have been created for certain roads are just about to leave the HQ, and they notice that their target road has been split off into a separate economy before the economies are actually separated.

This delay when splitting the economies has been implemented on purpose to avoid performance issues; and this bug happens you hit that very narrow time window exactly, and an affected worker is pathfinding at this very moment – so as I said, I´m in favour of ignoring this.

Edited: 2019-03-17, 21:58

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-03-17, 22:28

so this means that after your fix there is no other bug involved in this situation. Which means we can postpone the economy bug after emergency save again IMHO.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-03-18, 09:30

Agreed. I have postponed the bug.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
dreieck
Version: -git
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-03-18, 11:28

dreieck wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

Could you please file a bug on launchpad and attach the autosave? Your description should be enough to investigate the bug then.

Now launchpad did work and I filed the bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1820582

(empty signature.)

Top Quote
dreieck
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-03-18, 11:30

Nordfriese wrote:

I did nothing else and the constructionsites of the zitadels the reed farmers and the farmer and every other site shown in the PNG file were finished.

Ok, then that might not be a bug after all here…

But then, why do the construction sites not get the wood if I isolate them into a seperate economy with some woodcutters (and a few unrelated buildings) only as shown in the 2nd screenshot?

They should get the wood from this local economy then!

Edited: 2019-03-18, 11:43

(empty signature.)

Top Quote
dreieck
Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2019-03-18, 11:38

Nordfriese wrote:

Okay… In the log output, I get lots of Economy::find_best_supply: Error, COULD NOT FIND A ROUTE! ... ware at: 42x 34, requestor at: 57x 15!.

Is this something which should not happen (and instead, maybe, reallocation to occur)?

I never got this in a game yet, but lots of times when redesigning the economy concepts while working on the ferries branch. There, it always meant that flags that can not be reached from each other are in the same economy, which is the opposite of the definition of an economy. If this can happen in trunk, something has gone seriously wrong. I guess the segfault may be related to it, I´ll investigate…

Do you have a replay for this game?

No, I don't have a replay.

Nordfriese wrote:

This crash is (theoretically) reproducible only when you dismantle/destroy a port while so many wares are lying on its flag that the workers can´t all come out in time to fetch them. This situation happens fairly rarely. For some reason, destroying the southern port shortly after loading the savegame causes it at the northern port (and perhaps the one in the middle?).

What causes that wares are carried out of the ports to the flag if I destroy another port?

Nordfriese wrote:

Good news, these logs appear only in a corner case, and although there is an underlying problem, it is fixed automatically within 1-2 seconds, so it is not worth fixing this IMHO.
The problem is that some carriers who have been created for certain roads are just about to leave the HQ, and they notice that their target road has been split off into a separate economy before the economies are actually separated.

This delay when splitting the economies has been implemented on purpose to avoid performance issues; and this bug happens you hit that very narrow time window exactly, and an affected worker is pathfinding at this very moment – so as I said, I´m in favour of ignoring this.

Wow, a race condition.

I think race conditions should be fixed. They could give rise to errors, corner cases can be hit. If this case definitely will never cause any problem, then the log messages could be changed to something which is considered to be allowed to happen?

(empty signature.)

Top Quote