Latest Posts

Topic: R15 and later: Jerky mouse at fullscreen

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-04-25, 07:30

I cannot use WL in fullscreen mode.

Whenever I mark this option in the WL's Options menu, the mouse pointer becomes so jerky that you cannot play (~ 0,5 Hz). This is independent from the screen resolution - also independent from "catch input" (feste Maus).

Does anyone else have this problem?

It's a Win32 system (XP SP3) What other info might help?

I am not sure how long this goes back.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote
kraileth

Ranking
Likes to be here
Posted at: 2010-05-16, 20:42

I don't know if this helps you, but on my brother's machine, I noticed (probably) the same thing: Screen refreshing was just so painfully slow that you could no longer speak of fps (frames per second) but actually spf (seconds per frame) would be more fitting!

The problem was gone when I deactivated ''graphics experimental improvements'' (Experimentelle Grafikverbesserungen). His system is just like yours, XP SP3. Maybe that's of any help to you?

Top Quote
timowi

Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2010-05-17, 09:53

This sounds a lot like you have enabled the "experimental graphics improvements". This options does almost nothing on most systems. But on some windows machines it enables broken code.

Top Quote
Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-05-23, 05:32

You both were right! Thank you -- that solved it.

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote