Latest Posts

Topic: Relocating Headquarters

king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-10-12, 15:47

einstein13 wrote:

GreyBeard1107 wrote:

It turns out that deleting the headquarters causes immediate end of game as loser. Not surprising.

I am surprised about that. It was never like that.

The end of the game is when you loose all your warehouses (headquarter, ports, warehouses) or all military buildings (headquarters, sentries, towers, fortresses, etc.). So building up a warehouse and a sentry, then dismantling headquarters should not end the game. If so- it is a bug.

he said that he was building a warehouse. hence, if he delete the hq, he has no warehouses left, and he loses istantly

Edited: 2018-10-12, 15:50

Top Quote
GreyBeard1107
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2018-10-12, 17:55

Sorry, I was wrong. If you have started a warehouse you do not lose the game on loss of headquarters, even if there has not yet been any actual construction on the warehouse. As long as it exists you are protected which is even better than I thought.

As background, I have been playing this game since version 8 or 9 (I think) and most every year I download the new version and read the discussions (confirmed lurker) leading to the changes and play for a few months. Not germane, but I do this because I often blow away my system just to try out another flavor of linux. It keeps me up to date after a career in IT and programming since I really have nothing required of me except to learn python or whatever for fun.

I mention this in order to say that I am always impressed by both the level of thought in the discussions and the design/coding/scripting and graphics expertise in the game itself. It really has become a full-featured game.

/gush_mode off

Anyway, thanks for the discussion about my desire to relocate my base of operations.

Regards, GreyBeard1107

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-10-12, 22:28

gush_mode much appreciated face-smile.png

Nordfriese wrote:

Ah, OK. It´s just that in the game I´m currently playing, an AI whose entire land I conquered long ago has a running expedition which has been sailing around the map for over 10 hours now (and it can´t find a portspace because I own them all face-wink.png ), so I was wondering…

Well, as I said, I did not check the code. I guess the ship is still there, just like buildings will still be there when there is military influence. Maybe we need to add some ship sinking code on defeat, just like we slowly let the workers die.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-10-12, 23:46

GunChleoc wrote:

Nordfriese wrote:

Ah, OK. It´s just that in the game I´m currently playing, an AI whose entire land I conquered long ago has a running expedition which has been sailing around the map for over 10 hours now (and it can´t find a portspace because I own them all face-wink.png ), so I was wondering…

Well, as I said, I did not check the code. I guess the ship is still there, just like buildings will still be there when there is military influence. Maybe we need to add some ship sinking code on defeat, just like we slowly let the workers die.

the thing is, if one has a ship in colony mode, and another ship containing the right workers and wares, one could theoretically rebuild the economy. But yes, probably should still lose after a while

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-10-13, 11:03

I have opened a bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1797682

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote