Latest Posts

Topic: Lets play widelands?

ypopezios
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-05-13, 19:18

Hasi50 wrote:

About cliking twice: First click activates the WIndow, after that Widelands own GUI kicks in. At least on OSX.

I have the same behavior on Windows.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-05-14, 07:54

Oh, you mean after the program has been removed from focus? I guess that's just how the operating system handles it.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Hasi50
Topic Opener
Version: 1.2 (selfcompiled master etc)
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-05-23, 13:42

OK, I have a complet list of 6 viedos at his playlist by noew https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHHf08zkQGFasRqgyznCC-A/playlists * Using Landlord as wincondition was not very exiting * WIdelands Games tend to last quite long (at least the way I like them) this makes several 20 Minute episodes for a complete Game. * I currentyl have only very few visitors.

Please advice me:

• Should I continue with an Imperial campain in German?
  • Shoul I drop my hints about developer related things?
  • Should I switch to english to attract more people?
  • Should I try to limit every epirosd to perhpas 3 clips of about 20 Minutes.?
  • Should I try to highligt some apects of Widelands only, instaed of complete games?

Here are the widelands where people may dwell, walking around care that evrythings well.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-05-23, 15:30

Hasi50 wrote:

OK, I have a complet list of 6 viedos at his playlist by noew https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHHf08zkQGFasRqgyznCC-A/playlists * Using Landlord as wincondition was not very exiting * WIdelands Games tend to last quite long (at least the way I like them) this makes several 20 Minute episodes for a complete Game. * I currentyl have only very few visitors.

Please advice me:

• Should I continue with an Imperial campain in German?

I don't think so. On Youtube there are already tons of lets-play-widelands-videos, including campaings, but I couldn't find any tournament match there. (!) Entertaining videos about Widelands are very rare. But the fact that the speed of replays is very flexible leads to possibilities to create entertaining videos. For example tournament videos, or you could also make a video about that one match which we played recently face-wink.png

• Shoul I drop my hints about developer related things?

If they are interesting, why not. As a Youtuber who is developer of Widelands at the same time, you seem to be unique.

I think so. Or you find someone who creates english subtitles for you, which you could add on the youtube-video somehow (on youtube directly, i guess).

• Should I try to limit every epirosd to perhpas 3 clips of about 20 Minutes.?

Yes, or you could make even shorter videos. Videos of 5 minutes or less are usually much more nice-to-watch then longer videos...

• Should I try to highligt some apects of Widelands only, instaed of complete games?

If you don't want to make a video about a multiplayer match: Maybe. At least the video could be short face-smile.png

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-05-23, 16:40

WorldSavior wrote:

I think so. Or you find someone who creates english subtitles for you, which you could add on the youtube-video somehow (on youtube directly, i guess).

The hardest thing is here about typing everything that was told. So first step: German subtitles.

The seconds step: translating, I think that there is a couple of people who can do that. I would be in.

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-05-23, 22:52

even a short match at widelands lasts for over one hour, I doubt many people would want to look that if they are not hooked first. unfortunately, i don't know how to fix that much. but changing the speed to focus on some important moments could be a good idea.

Edited: 2018-05-23, 22:53

Top Quote
Hasi50
Topic Opener
Version: 1.2 (selfcompiled master etc)
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-06-20, 20:51

I now am almost done with my english Empire games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWWArbCFsNY&list=PLDOZxhyIjga63TpD8SCZ1kyz62BIECYVP

Shall I crush the enemy now?

Here are the widelands where people may dwell, walking around care that evrythings well.

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-06-24, 13:37

Why not? I'd like it if your videos would contain more action and tempo. That would be more entertaining...

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-03-04, 08:56

Hasi has produced a video about how to train an Atlantean soldier very fast to the highest level (around 33 minutes). It's based on a replay of a match where I played on a small map vs an AI which had a trading outpost. I shared the same color as Hasi but he began to play rather late in the game, watched first.

The video shows tricks which are available for all tribes if you want to train a soldier to the highest level (for example stopping/starting trainingssites or getting the correct soldier into the trainingssite), so it can be considered as a more general tutorial, too.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2019-03-05, 11:53

Thanks for the video face-smile.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote