Latest Posts

Topic: [GUI] Field Selector

WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-02-03, 19:42

GunChleoc wrote:

The reason I'd like to see a new cursor is that the current one is really pixelly. So, it's not a mater of shape, but of graphics quality.

What about letting a new cursor look like the old one, but just less pixelly?

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
fraang

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-02-06, 04:19

WorldSavior wrote:

Why changing all of these graphics at all? Isn't the current cursor good as it is?

The reasons why I make the new graphics are: - Allow the graphics to be rendered in higher resolutions (BLEND files instead of raster graphics, e.g. for HiDPI displays, zoom levels, etc.) - Bring a consistent style into the graphics

WorldSavior wrote:

I try to replicate the original look as much as possible, while being open for improvements (e.g. the used iconography).

I have been busy working on the cursor graphics. Mainly on the geometry and rigging but also added a currently crappy alpha blend to avoid the chopped-off look.

Imgur

Imgur

I also tweaked my blend version of the roadbuilding field selector to match better with the original version of kaputtnik:

Imgur Imgur Imgur

kaputtnik's version, old blend version, new blend version

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-02-08, 15:50

fraang wrote:

WorldSavior wrote:

Why changing all of these graphics at all? Isn't the current cursor good as it is?

The reasons why I make the new graphics are: - Allow the graphics to be rendered in higher resolutions (BLEND files instead of raster graphics, e.g. for HiDPI displays, zoom levels, etc.) - Bring a consistent style into the graphics

I never recognized that the style is not consistent and even now it's not bothering me face-wink.png

WorldSavior wrote:

I try to replicate the original look as much as possible, while being open for improvements (e.g. the used iconography).

Okay... IMHO it would be the best solution if the new graphics look not different from the old ones...

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-02-09, 17:10

fraang wrote:

I have been busy working on the cursor graphics. Mainly on the geometry and rigging but also added a currently crappy alpha blend to avoid the chopped-off look.

Imgur

Imgur

I think that is better face-smile.png The old one is some how smaller and have more shadowed areas.

I also tweaked my blend version of the roadbuilding field selector to match better with the original version of kaputtnik:

Imgur Imgur Imgur

kaputtnik's version, old blend version, new blend version

I like your old version face-smile.png Gun should make a decision and then i will update the widelands-media branch with the resulting blend file.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-02-13, 10:02

I guess that the old version will be easier to see on different types of terrain?

Good progress on the cursor hand, the shading is a good idea. Try to rotate it a bit so that it is pointing backwards at the screen somewhat, or bend the index finger a bit more?

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
fraang

Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2018-02-27, 22:49

Another bunch of improvements and changes:

Imgur Imgur

Edited: 2018-02-28, 00:33

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2018-02-28, 08:04

I have given it a little spin in-game and it feels really bulky, while the pointing finger is very thin. My ideas:

• Curl in the thumb as in the original cursor
  • Give it a similar color to fsel, maybe add an outline too
  • Make the finger thicker
  • Softer shadows

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote