Latest Posts

Topic: Economy window disappears

LeightonMan
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2017-11-16, 15:10

I noticed when playing, that if the configure economy window was opened, after a very short time it vanishes. I have rebuilt the game and am now running bzr8490(trunk). I looked through launchpad and can't see a bug title which matches. Before I spend a lot of time trying to narrow down the circumstances, is this a known problem?

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-16, 17:10

I have never seen that. Just tested and leaving the configure economy window open for about 10 minutes (gametime) and it always stays on top.

There is bug report of suddenly opened windows. This is maybe related.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
LeightonMan
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2017-11-16, 17:30

Thanks, I'll try to find some repeatable circumstances when it happens.

Top Quote
LeightonMan
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2017-11-16, 18:22

OK, got lucky! Here's the sequence: Start widelands from a terminal (only so I can see messages) Press spacebar to bring up the next screen Click on single player; then on New Game Select "Checkmate" ; click on OK; then Start game

All usual stuff and the game starts with the messages window displayed; Right click on the messages window to close it. Click on the Flag outside the Headquarters (At this stage it's the only one!) Click on the configure economy icon to bring up the economy options window Press spacebar to display building sites Build something linking the road back to headquarters using ctrl-click - I built a quarry next to the rocks at the bottom of the screen. Build something (another quarry, a mine, a well, whatever) using ctrl-click to link the road back to Headquarters As soon as I click on the Headquarters flag to build the second road, the economy options window disappears!

I've tried building different buildings and once the window closed before I built the second road. Every other time as above. I've tried building at different locations and it still happens. There are too many permutations to try them all but once, the window disappeared before I even built the second building. I also found one circumstance when the economy window could no be reopened so it seems a bit random.

Perhaps it's my system - it is about 10 years old!

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-16, 19:47

Ok, i got it.

You have just to click on the flag of the headquarters and open the economy settings, and then click on that flag again to make the economy settings window disappear. I will write a bug report...

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-16, 22:03

Now I think I remember I have seen it in the game as well. I opened the economy window by clicking on a flag and before I could reach it with the mouse cursor it closed suddenly will have a look to the circumstances next time and add the info to the bug then

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-16, 22:28

The bug report

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-11-16, 23:29

Jut clicking on the flag twice is no problem, but if I follow the full steps, I can reproduce this.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote