Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: game scheduling module

trimard
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-09-19, 23:34

I'm not an english native speaker, but I never came across the word 'avaibilities'. A Google search for 'avaibilities' gives about 9000 results while 'availabilities' has 2780000 results. I'd guess it's a typo. And if I'd read it somewhere I think my brain would just interpret it as 'availabilities' and maybe not even see the error. But I'm curious what other people say who have more knowledge in languages.

Yes you're right. Definitely avaibilities makes no sense. I asked my english cousins and they agree with you guys. It's changed now face-smile.png

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-21, 15:45

I would prefer to use 'Availabilities', but i am not sure.

Huh, well then that's the moment to ask ourselves that. The table name is avaibilities. And the whole code stick with this. GunChleoc, what do you think about that?

Rename the table to 'times_available'? We shouldn't have bad UI strings just because of what the code looks like internally. I think "availabilities" sounds very stilted. I would always ask "When will you be available?", never "When will you have any availabilities?"

Edited: 2017-09-21, 15:46

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-22, 16:27

trimard wrote:

Interesting... With atlanteans, it is not easy face-wink.png

Made some tests. Yes you're right...

But it's not impossible face-wink.png

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-22, 18:23

Just a question because i use also a datepicker for the search and used the jquery ui Datepicker. I am not sticked with that and want to prevent double code. So the question is: Is there a particular reason to use kalendae? If you think Kalendae works better for your approach, i wait until you branch get merged and will also use Kalendae face-smile.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
trimard
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-09-23, 00:07

So the question is: Is there a particular reason to use kalendae?

It is pure JS. That's the initial reason I used it. I didn't know you had jquery before touching the responsive branch!

Other than that? None. I guess it is pretty lightweight but I don't know how it compares with JqueryUI's datepicker. IIRC Jquery UI require to add a core file?

But it's not impossible face-wink.png

32 minutes compared to your... 14? Still a long way to go.

Rename the table to 'times_available'? We shouldn't have bad UI strings just because of what the code looks like internally. I think "availabilities" sounds very stilted. I would always ask "When will you be available?", never "When will you have any availabilities?"

Good point, you clarified why the name felt weird: we don't use it that often! I'll make the change next week face-smile.png

Edited: 2017-09-23, 00:09

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-23, 10:24

trimard wrote:

Other than that? None. I guess it is pretty lightweight but I don't know how it compares with JqueryUI's datepicker. IIRC Jquery UI require to add a core file?

I do not understand what you mean with "adding a core file" face-upset.png

Beside the datepicker Jquery ui comes also with some nice animations... i like that face-wink.png So i have easily implemented a help-element which could be 'rolled' out/in.

While working on this i found that the jquery served by us is somehow outdated. So i am working also on a branch that updates jquery and adjust our own javascript snippets and needed updates for other foreign js packages (mainly highcharts).

Top Quote
trimard
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-09-23, 13:09

A file for the datepicker and a file that is required for any jquery UI widget. But if that doesn't tell you anything it must mean it's not required face-tongue.png

Beside the datepicker Jquery ui comes also with some nice animations... i like that face-wink.png So i have easily implemented a help-element which could be 'rolled' out/in.

Ok, I'll addd in my branch to then! Or do you think I should wait you push your branch and go from there?

While working on this i found that the jquery served by us is somehow outdated

Yes I confirm! Good idea to change that !

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-23, 16:11

trimard wrote:

A file for the datepicker and a file that is required for any jquery UI widget. But if that doesn't tell you anything it must mean it's not required face-tongue.png

The datepicker is part of the jquery-ui library. I think some of the provided things could be useful for widelands.org.

Ok, I'll addd in my branch to then! Or do you think I should wait you push your branch and go from there?

Lets wait for merging the javascript update branch first. After that it should be equal. Be sure the jqueri-datepicker is as usefull for you as Kalendae.

Top Quote
trimard
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-09-25, 12:59

Be sure the jqueri-datepicker is as usefull for you as Kalendae.

Yes, no problem, I checked there is a callback function "OnSelect" that will allow me to updates the date on user click. It's even simpler to use that kalandae apparently.

Lets wait for merging the javascript update branch first.

Need help for that one?

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-25, 14:40

Need help for that one?

Yes face-smile.png The merge proposal is https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands-website/update_jvascript/+merge/331244

I am struggling with updating to fancybox version 3. Fancybox is used in the screenshots section. My implementation is working but needs a bit fine tuning, because it is not that nice as the current implementation... Mainly a border around the upscaled image and the position of the image description looks not good. For the border we have now white color but i think it would be nice to use an image for the border (like the wooden background of the menu) . Don't know if this would be feasible.

Fancybox v3 documentation

Top Quote