Interesting... With atlanteans, it is not easy face-wink.png

Made some tests. Yes you're right...

Top Quote
teppo

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2017-09-16, 17:10

trimard wrote:

Now what is to be done? .... Well I think it's functionnal now, but of course, some details need to be worked on! Don't worry, I'll show you I can boat rush too face-grin.png

This looks really good!

Top Quote
trimard
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-09-18, 10:35

Thanks! face-smile.png

I'm getting closer to an alpha version! lp:~trimardio/widelands-website/scheduling

Just a few refacto might be worth doing?:

• I made everything thinking there was no jquery. Don't know why I assumed that. Should I jqueryfy the script?
  • I created some of the DOM in html and some of the DOM in js. Should I make everything in js or everything in html? By doing everything in js, I talk only about the different element that are added progressively. Not the rest of the document of course.

Also I have a lot of problem with the texts. Let's say, I'm really not a writer :P. Anyone has ideas on what to say?

Presentation

When they click on "scheduling" on the menu:

main

When they click on "schedule my avaibilities and find a game":

scheduling

after having chosen some hour and clicked on update

And as kaputtnik suggested the page where you see when averyone is ready to play:

when you click on "find a game"

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-18, 11:02

trimard wrote:

Like so? https://i.imgur.com/ABo5uO3.png

Yes face-smile.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-18, 18:55

What i find most disturbing (as non native english speaker) is the word 'Avaibilities'. Of course my brain reads often 'AvaiLAbilities' but at the same time it feels something is wrong face-grin.png

Seaching the web it seems that 'avaibilities' is much used, but i couldn't find it (the exact word) for translation: e.g. searching for translate avaibilities. I would prefer to use 'Availabilities', but i am not sure.

For the other wording some one else than me should take a look face-wink.png

Please add a migration file to your app. If you don't have one, run

./manage.py makemigrations wlscheduling

My work on the new search is close to finish so i will have time to test and review the scheduling module, as well your work on a responsive template.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-19, 13:18

Some proofreading:

Schedule when you're available and find a game

... and want to display when you're available and find other people that...

the time indicated by your system () is different from ... profile. -> In this case, is the profile time or the systme time being used?

here are the users that... -> People that... You used "people" above and "players" below - pick one (people, players or users) and stick with it."

here are the availabilities -> Times other people are available...

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
trimard
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-09-19, 13:37

Thanks gunchleoc, the text was really weird indeed.

You used "people" above and "players" below - pick one (people, players or users) and stick with it."

I made my choice and remove any mention of "people" in the scheduling module. It's more logcial to talk about players.

I would prefer to use 'Availabilities', but i am not sure.

Huh, well then that's the moment to ask ourselves that. The table name is avaibilities. And the whole code stick with this. GunChleoc, what do you think about that?

If we can, we should avoid having a different name for the code and for what's display. But that's not that big of a deal I think.

My work on the new search is close to finish so i will have time to test and review the scheduling module, as well your work on a responsive template.

Well do you have an idea how I could create a test server? Do you think that would be needed here? I can use apache and got my own server, but should I just create an empty database and let everyone create users for test?

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-09-19, 18:11

trimard wrote:

If we can, we should avoid having a different name for the code and for what's display. But that's not that big of a deal I think.

+1

Well do you have an idea how I could create a test server? Do you think that would be needed here? I can use apache and got my own server, but should I just create an empty database and let everyone create users for test?

Usually for testing purposes we start our alpha site. The alpha site uses a different database and have many content and some users have already an account over there. I would prefer testing on the alpha site because it uses the same environment as wl.widelands.org.

If you think you are ready create a merge request for your branch on launchpad and i will merge it on alpha for testing face-smile.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
trimard
Topic Opener
Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-09-19, 18:40

If you think you are ready create a merge request for your branch on launchpad and i will merge it on alpha for testing face-smile.png

It's done :). There is still potential for refacto, and some typos errors but these last one could benefit from an alpha test! And the sooner the better for me, I'll soon have to go back studying...

Top Quote
fuchur

Ranking
Widelands-Forum-Junkie
Posted at: 2017-09-19, 21:21

kaputtnik wrote:

What i find most disturbing (as non native english speaker) is the word 'Avaibilities'. Of course my brain reads often 'AvaiLAbilities' but at the same time it feels something is wrong face-grin.png

Seaching the web it seems that 'avaibilities' is much used, but i couldn't find it (the exact word) for translation: e.g. searching for translate avaibilities. I would prefer to use 'Availabilities', but i am not sure.

trimard wrote:

I would prefer to use 'Availabilities', but i am not sure.

Huh, well then that's the moment to ask ourselves that. The table name is avaibilities. And the whole code stick with this. GunChleoc, what do you think about that?

I'm not an english native speaker, but I never came across the word 'avaibilities'. A Google search for 'avaibilities' gives about 9000 results while 'availabilities' has 2780000 results. I'd guess it's a typo. And if I'd read it somewhere I think my brain would just interpret it as 'availabilities' and maybe not even see the error. But I'm curious what other people say who have more knowledge in languages.

Top Quote