Latest Posts

Topic: scenario AI

hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-04-26, 01:32

Hi everybody
sorry I was busy getting my pI to work as media center. Tinker did some proof reading as well. I will check the texts corected by GunChleoc if my story is still ok, although I have little doubt about the translation.
Next I will implement a nice way to give the player a permanent hint about the artifacts. Mainly based on kaputtnik's code and sending a message to the player. Think I will manage until sunday. Thanks to every body.

regards hessenfarmer

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-05-01, 18:38

Hi everybody,
I have checked the proofreaded version of texts.lua and I have only minor corrections to keep my original intention. Thanks to Gun Chleoc so far.
Regarding the artifacts picture I first included it in the campaign message box using rt function. The I addded the code to send a message to player 1 reminding him permanently which artifacts to search for.
As especially the message didn't look well I decided to include the picture in the objective text which looked much better. I have added the resulting screenshots to the scenario pictures folder on lauchpad ( as I don't understand how to include them in a post)
Although I like the version within the objective best I like to hear alternative opinions. After hearing your opinions I will add the relevant code to the files.

best regards hessenfarmer.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-05-01, 23:51

Can you open a bug on Launchpad and attach the pictures there? You can host multiple pictures by replying to the bug. The branch view isn't very good for showing pictures, because they all have to be downloaded first.

Also, no need to update the pot files in the branch - all that will do is create merge conflicts.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-05-02, 07:28

Ok
Bug report is filed.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/widelands/+bug/1687542

I will remove the pics from the branch then. I didn't know that anything other than my changes was updated. I just pulled your proofread baseline added the pics and some changes in texts.lua and pushed my branch. what could have been my error?

best regards hessenfarmer

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-05-02, 09:07

I'd go for this one:

https://launchpadlibrarian.net/317927166/objective_window.PNG

And add the objective to the bottom of https://launchpadlibrarian.net/317927071/message_box.PNG. We have a function "new_objectives(objective)" for doing that.

This is how we always do it, and it will be easier for the player if we stick with the established pattern.

No idea then how the .pot changes happened - just ignore it and I'll fix it up when we do the final review & merge.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-05-02, 20:46

Hi,

And add the objective to the bottom of https://launchpadlibrarian.net/317927071/message_box.PNG. We have a function "new_objectives(objective)" for doing that.

that is exactly how i created "objective_in_message_box.PNG" and I prefer this as well due to lokking the best and fitting in the known User interation habit. (as you mentionend)

So if no objections will be raised I will include this into the code until friday.

thanks for all the advice and help with this scenario

regards hessenfarmer

Top Quote
hessenfarmer
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-05-07, 18:34

Finally I think we're done with this mission 3. I have uploaded the last changes to correctly show an image in the objectives view.
Now I propose to merge this into trunk. As I do not know whether the special reveal functions of kaputtnik are already in trunk I kept them in my helper_functions.lua file but this should not collide and can be fixed in another maintenance cycle.

thanks for all the support I got during this process. Currently I already started work on mission 4 of this campaign. I think I will create a new thread as soon as there is somethinfg to report or to discuss.

best regards
hessenfarmer

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-05-07, 18:49

hessenfarmer wrote:

As I do not know whether the special reveal functions of kaputtnik are already in trunk I kept them in my helper_functions.lua file but this should not collide and can be fixed in another maintenance cycle.

I am working on a branch to get the reveal/hide functions into trunk. While working on this i found another bug which must be fixed before the work can go on. Having your branch in trunk doesn't matter imho face-smile.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-05-18, 08:45

This has now hit trunk. Thank you so much for this enjoyable new scenario! face-smile.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote