Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Widelands tournament 2016; official announcements

SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-16, 20:21

@sirver, worldsavior, notabilis; good, then we can try to play 2v2; if we can't find time in a couple weeks, then we give up and do something simpler. can anyone set up a google doc to see when we can have free evenings? I don't have the knowledge to do it.

I created a doodle for this - no account required. Please check all dates you can make happen and we will pick the best ones for the game(s): http://doodle.com/poll/aus3b6yi9h9tpknn

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-16, 20:57

I asked trimard if he can make the weekend - I'm pretty snowed under this week. In any case, the next phase can go ahead without us having played our game face-smile.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
WorldSavior
Version: Recent tournament version
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-16, 23:54

So: The first match could be at wednesday 7:30 pm CET, no matter which mode we will chose (we still don't know who will be player C and who will be player D, but maybe we could find a solution for that little problem instead of waiting for other results of round 5).

Wanted to save the world, then I got widetracked

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-17, 07:23

In fact, tomorrow, i.e. Wednesday is the only date that works for the 2v2 till February 5th. So we better make that fix then.

king_of_nowhere, notabilis, world savior and myself will play tomorrow, at 19:30 CET. king, you need to figure out the mode for this game still, I guess?

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-17, 10:29

SirVer wrote:

In fact, tomorrow, i.e. Wednesday is the only date that works for the 2v2 till February 5th. So we better make that fix then.

I only filled the doodle with the first week because my agenda grows fuzzy after that. I expect to be free most evenings. Tomorrow (wednesday) is a good time to start (not 100% sure I can make it to 19:30, may be a bit late, but not too much), but I expect I will manage to play later too.

king_of_nowhere, notabilis, world savior and myself will play tomorrow, at 19:30 CET. king, you need to figure out the mode for this game still, I guess?

Who is C and who is D will ultimately depend on the result of the trimard-gunchleoc game, as trimard played against notabilis and gunchleoc against sirver. But assigining C and D is purely for pairing purposes; everyone will play one game in team with everyone else, and everyone will have a different starting position every time, so it doesn't really matter who is C and who is D. Therefore, for this purpose I assume that all remaining games will end draw, in which case notabilis would lead by half a bucholz point. notabilis is C, sirver is D. Tomorrow game will be

-------------- king of nowhere (blue) and WorldSavior (green) against notabilis (yellow) and Sirver (red) -----------

This brings memories. Blue players starts from the town of Haarla, in the island of hirvensalo, near the bridge to satava. I biked there several times during the short finnish summers. There is a large patch of blueberries just out of the road before the bridge, I had lunch with those a couple times. I hope they weren't dug out during the works to make my headquarter. Sirver will start Mariehamn, the biggest town in the archipelago, on the island of Fasta Aland. I never landed there, but I stopped a couple times when taking the ferry from turku to stockholm. everyone else has imaginary land.

Edited: 2017-01-17, 10:30

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-17, 19:14

What is a realistic play time for the archipelago sea map? 3h (real-time)? The map is pretty huge. I am trying to estimate the remaining play time I will require to finish the tournament to plan other commitments realistically.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-17, 21:23

SirVer wrote:

What is a realistic play time for the archipelago sea map? 3h (real-time)? The map is pretty huge. I am trying to estimate the remaining play time I will require to finish the tournament to plan other commitments realistically.

I run some trials, and I needed roughly one to one and a half hour to reach the middle. after about two hours I had fully settled my quarter of the map and was making soldiers steadily. From there, it depends how balanced we are. So 3-5 hours of in-game playing time seems a reasonable estimate, which could mean 3 hours if we go at 2x for most of the game.

Of course, if one wants to continue until all his land is conquered, then the game will take a lot longer, but I think reasonably if a team get its perimeter breached and its main army destroyed, it will surrender.

Top Quote
king_of_nowhere
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-18, 00:35

----------- janus and epicspartan098 have received a penalty --------

i gave them a few extra days because I gave them to other people, but I have to draw the line somewhere.

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-18, 05:49

I am sorry but I have to cancel the game tonight. I came down with the stomach flu and I am unable to play for three hours - need to be inbed . I guess this will keep me out for the rest of the week. Can we reschedule for next week?

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2017-01-18, 09:43

Get well soon!

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote