Latest Posts

Topic: Searching the Dev-Team

xseanl
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2016-08-10, 22:56

Hello Widelands-Team,

I am looking for a possibility to find the dev-team. IRC is rarely used. The forum section for developers does include the graphics, the sound, the website and the translation. In launchpad are the tickets and the code.

Question: Where does the communication among the developers take place? Any chat? Any mailing list? Another forum? Please point me into the right direction. Somehow I did miss it.

Thanks a lot.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-08-10, 23:19

xseanl wrote:

Hello Widelands-Team,

Hello face-smile.png

Question: Where does the communication among the developers take place?

The developers are using all communication possibilities. So if you have a question, just ask face-smile.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
xseanl
Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2016-08-10, 23:27

Hello kaputtnik,

thanks for your answer.

My question is where to post my questions. I mean, this thread lives in the player forum now. Form the forum name I assume, this is the wrong place...

I am working my way through compiling the actual dev-branch.

On the main page I read about the snow freeze and the need of testers for various branches. So I assume it is a good idea to start help testing. Where can I found out which branches are available for testing and how are their status (testing needed, actual in fixing, everything done no help needed, ...)?

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-08-11, 10:54

You can find us also in IRC at freenode in #widelands. But I think this forum is mostly used for dev discussions too.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-08-11, 17:36

xseanl wrote:

[..]

On the main page I read about the snow freeze and the need of testers for various branches. So I assume it is a good idea to start help testing. Where can I found out which branches are available for testing and how are their status (testing needed, actual in fixing, everything done no help needed, ...)?

Testing is good face-smile.png

Test just the current development build. If you have some experience with Launchpad and Bazaar you could set up a branch: BzrPrmer

Maybe you could also contribute to some of the remaining open bugs for build 19

There is a general wiki Article about contributing: Contribute

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote