Latest Posts

Topic: Atlantean diamonds

pixnaps

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-01-26, 18:04

Do crystal mines ever produce diamonds? The last game I played my dungeon never completed construction, as it never received the necessary diamond. I had two crystal mines. They produced a lot of raw stone, a bit of quartz, but never any diamonds. They would occasionally produce messages saying that they skipped mining diamonds because they didn't have enough smoked fish. But then when they finally got food, it seems they went back to producing stone rather than the diamond I needed! Is it supposed to work like that?

Top Quote
QCS

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2010-01-26, 19:01

Basically, yes. The "crystalmine" script says "sleep, eat, mine stone, eat, mine quartz, eat, mine diamond". Then it starts over to sleeping again. If one eating fails, the corresponding (following) mining is skipped, the next eating is tried, and fails... until it catches up to the "sleep" part. The "sleep" part is the most likely part when resources appear in the "inbox" of the building (because failing and skipping doesn't need any time), so it is very likely that mining of the more precious stones fails if you are constantly short of food.

Edited: 2010-01-26, 19:02

CMake is evil.

Top Quote
pixnaps

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2010-01-27, 01:25

Ok, thanks for the explanation!

Top Quote