Latest Posts

Topic: Chances for Soldiers - trained and untrained

Astuur
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2010-01-24, 17:25

I am playing a small map in a single player long-time testgame agains the AI. (SVN 4086 - Me: Barbarians; AI:Empire) In the course of this game I have so far watched 578 fights of new, untrained Empire Soldiers - against my fully trained Barbararien ones. (Yes - I've cheated :)) I have lost 1 soldier due to my own mistake (he became refugee when I burnt down his unconnected building). All the other 577 casualties were on my enemy's side. Most of the time they come "as they were produced" (one after the other)

I understand that there is a chance to wear down trained soldiers by large numbers of untrained ones. (Currently no troups come out to help a besieged building) But even so, focussing on a 1:1 fight, I wonder:

Would it not be more fun to play, if the outcome was not quite as predictable? Maybe an element of randomness - or sheer luck, if you will, would be nice to have. I think even an untrained soldier should have a minimal chance to defeat a fully trained one. 3% maybe?

Being no programmer, I apologize for all my suggestions that imply undue workload and for other misjudgements due to lack of expertise or relevant skills.
I am on Win32, have no means to compile, and rely on prefabricated distributions (Thanks to Tino).

Top Quote