Latest Posts

Topic: Website translation

kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-01-02, 14:28

Thanks for translation face-smile.png

Please do not use blind images as placeholder to get some space. Such images does not respect users which have other displays/settings. I removed the image and instead used a "blind header" to have more space between flags and the following paragraph. Thus the space depends on the font size, not to a fixed image size.

The flags could get some sharpness. Could you sharpen them? If not, just let me know face-smile.png

If there some images which aren't be used, please let me now, i will remove them from the page.

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
Vassili
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2016-01-02, 14:59

JayJay Jaypad :p

@kaputtnik: by "sharpen them", do you mean resize them down (smaller)?

PS: Le titre! Cela affiche "DecriptionFr" sur la page.

Edited: 2016-01-02, 15:03

Top Quote
Jaypad
Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2016-01-02, 15:03
Please do not use blind images as placeholder to get some space. Such images does not respect users which have other displays/settings. I removed the image and instead used a "blind header" to have more space between flags and the following paragraph. Thus the space depends on the font size, not to a fixed image size.

I wanted some space, and I didn't have the idea to use an empty header. Sorry for that.

The flags could get some sharpness. Could you sharpen them? If not, just let me know

I am particularly bad at graphic design. The only thing I can do with an image editor is resizing images. The sources files are here (english flag - french flag), if someone want to do something better.

If there some images which aren't be used, please let me now, i will remove them from the page.

Just the one you removed : /wlmedia/wlimages/space-30px.png

PS: Le titre! Cela affiche "DescriptionFr" sur la page

It's the name of the wikipage. The documentation recommends to use CamelCase for the name of pages, so I can't use any space to make it looks better, and I don't find any other way to put another title for the page.
Edited: 2016-01-02, 15:13

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-01-02, 16:36

Jaypad wrote:

I wanted some space, and I didn't have the idea to use an empty header. Sorry for that.

No problem face-smile.png

I will try to sharpen the images, and maybe make them a bit smaller too.

PS: Le titre! Cela affiche "DescriptionFr" sur la page It's the name of the wikipage. The documentation recommends to use CamelCase for the name of pages, so I can't use any space to make it looks better, and I don't find any other way to put another title for the page.

I don't know who had the idea of CamelCase for naming wiki pages. The main idea was surely to create wikilinks automically if the parser finds a CamelCase word in the text of a wikipage.

What about "DescriptionFrench" instead "DescriptionFr" ? In the end everybody reads the article, not the Title face-grin.png

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote
Dishito
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2016-01-02, 17:11

There is no Spain flag in that page with that style so...I think we can search another site with flags or someone with time try to make our flags.

Edit: @kaputtnik, is on your hands face-tongue.png

Edited: 2016-01-02, 17:31

Top Quote
Vassili
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2016-01-02, 19:25

http://vassili.org/img/SpainFlag.png

and when i had see you was using borders with semi-transparency, i do this one in case you consider it's mandatory (i don't understand why you will do that).

http://vassili.org/img/SpainFlag2.png

What do you think of them?

edit:If i understand well, Jayjay, you have make the two actual flags (UK and Fr) just by resizing other pictures, so maybe you do not want borders also, no?

In this case if you will i can do flags for UK and Fr.

Edited: 2016-01-02, 19:31

Top Quote
Dishito
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2016-01-02, 19:48

I think every flag have to be made in the same style. Because the fr and gb flags are differents with this Spain flag.

Top Quote
Vassili
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2016-01-02, 19:51

In what they are so differents?

Edited: 2016-01-02, 19:51

Top Quote
Dishito
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2016-01-02, 19:54

He has use flags from here

Top Quote
Vassili
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2016-01-02, 20:01

Oh, by differents, you mean "from a different website source"?

I don't understand... you reject my flags only because they are not on the same website of the previous, where you said yourself, no Spain flag are present?

Did you not said "or someone with time try to make our flags"?

I'm confuse.

Top Quote