Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: General call for testing

einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-12-07, 18:51

DragonAtma wrote:

the CPU doesn't leave extra space around buildings (...)

I guess that you meant "AI" or "Computer Player". And yes, that is a problem. I think that Tibor has some problem to code that and probably he had no idea how to solve the problem in ALL of cases. For small maps that is very difficult to code the solution. For big ones it is much easier face-wink.png But we should think about ALL possibilities first.

If you have any idea how to do that, you can open a bug report on Launchpad and discuss your idea.

Previous AI wasn't doing it in a right way too, so there is no regression.

@GunCheloc:

Yes, I know that developing is very hard. I would like to have some time for Widelands, but I can't remember when I had some face-sad.png And I have no idea when I will be ready for everything face-sad.png face-sad.png But for sure I will help you with testing!

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-12-07, 20:25

Thanks!

kaputtnik has already had time to take on a branch which I'm merging right now face-smile.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Tibor

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-12-07, 20:43

DragonAtma wrote:

I don't know if this is a "bug", but as recently as 7529 (the latest version I have), the CPU doesn't leave extra space around buildings that need them (foresters, farms, etc.). As a result, those buildings aren't as efficient as they should be.

They're also more than willing to put a forester near a farm, thus letting trees grow where the farm wants to plant crops).

Finally, they're also wiling to put a forester in a place where most of the land around them is not tree-friendly -- meaning most of the trees are planted on desert, mountain, etc. and die before they reach pull size.

Now, maybe these issues are just me overreacting (I like to leave plenty of space for foresters, farms, etc., and certainly don't want foresters to overlap with other space-needing buildings), but maybe someone else should take a look.

Rangers never checked the type of soil where they are built, but other things might have changes. Some screenshot would help.

Only note that everything is based on scoring, AI can count types of buildings in vicinity and score accordingly, but this does not work absolutely strictly/reliably

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-12-09, 18:00

When working on a Merge Request on Launchpad and everything has checked out, use the drop-down box below the comment window to set your vote to "Approve". Do not use the button on top for the whole Merge Request - this will remove it from the list of active reviews, making it hard to find.

ETA: Duh, it puts them into a new category "Approved reviews ready to land". I had just never seen that one before *lol

Edited: 2015-12-09, 18:14

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-12-11, 20:34

I will be away from my development machine for about a month, so I'll post a bunch of new merge request over this weekend for the branches that have reached a state where they could go in.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-12-13, 17:23

When somebody next finds some time to test, please give the priority to rtl_wordwrap, and please merge it if everything is OK. I will need to change some more stuff after this goes in, and I would like to have this code in the development version for a while.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
Tibor

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-12-13, 21:41

Also please look at lp:~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1523165 - this is fixing trainingsites and upgrading of productionsites. Code was reviewed, just somebody have to test it.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-02-09, 18:15

Now that we have solved the map loading compatibility problems, the multiplayer scenarios need testing and debugging again - I definitely broke the hopping in Island Hopping, and we need to verify that the smuggling still works in Smugglers.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2016-11-18, 10:07

I have tweaked the timings for messages and objectives in the tutorials and campaigns. It would be good to have some user testing so see if they should be improved further.

• Barbarian scenario 1: Shifted story messages back to reduce the barrage at the start of the scenario. Also, more felling axes to make clearing the trees easier.
  • Atlantean scenario: Trigger warehouse objective earlier, so we can expand faster and have some horses ready when racing for the lake.
  • Warfare Tutorial: Build trainingsites concurrently in order to save time.
  • Economy tutorial: Sleep longer for the stock window.

Merge request with branch attached

Appveyor builds for Windows

Testers can also drop the data directory into a current trunk, no recompiling needed.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
LAZA
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2016-11-19, 11:31

GunChleoc wrote:

I have tweaked the timings for messages and objectives in the tutorials and campaigns. It would be good to have some user testing so see if they should be improved further.

Thanks!

I will try them if i have enough spare time... (little) baby girl is stealing time and heart... face-grin.png

Should i test build 19 or a newer trunk? Then i need the bzr you changed the events.

* Dell X58 *
Xeon W3680 @ 3.33 GHz
M391B5673FH0-CH9 - 12 GB @ 1.33 GHz
R7260X-DC2OC-1GD5 DirectCU II OC
SP900 64 GB SSD = root; ST3000VX000-1ES1 = home; 2x WD2003FYPS-2 = pub
BDR-208D
-
* Manjaro Testing Xfce *

Top Quote