Latest Posts

Topic: Geologist not going home:

Spiceskull

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-12-07, 13:33

Hi Guys,

I love hacking and tweaking my tribes and worlds, and through trial and error have some games that better suit my requirements. There are some 'core' elements that I don't tweak, and one of these is the Geologist.

I have created a new world (tweaked a bit, but mainly the trees and the land type order) and on playtesting I am having a problem with the Geologists:

They go to the flag they are called from, they do their stuff, then they go back to the flag, rather than return 'home.' If I call them from another flag, the Geologists that are 'out' get reassigned to the new task, but again stay at the new flag.

What bit of code in the world/tribe/worker config files instructs the Geologist to return home? I have looked everywhere and cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks, Adam.

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-12-07, 16:04

Hi Adam,

there is nothing like that in the config files. The geologist program itself is sending the geologist back once it has checked most of the places.

For me it seems you broke some other things (perhaps in the warehouse code?), as that problem is completely new and never happend before with "normal" game data.

Cheers

Peter

Top Quote
Spiceskull

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-12-07, 16:13

Hiya,

I haven't tweaked anything in the game files themselves, only the world and unit config files. I'll have a go at playing in a 'clean' world, with a 'clean' geologist, and see if I can identify the problem step by step.

Thanks anyway, Adam.

Top Quote
Spiceskull

Topic Opener
Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2009-12-08, 14:48

This is the weirdest thing ... I went home last night, booted up my machine, loaded the 'offending' world and tribe ... and the Geologists did just what they were meant to do ...

No error messages to report, and no more problem ... any ideas what may have happened?

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-12-08, 18:03

Spiceskull wrote: No error messages to report, and no more problem ... any ideas what may have happened?

really no idea face-grin.png

Top Quote