Currently Online

Latest Posts

Topic: Social media

SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-04-27, 07:58

Sorry, I am super busy with live at this point in time, therefore I did not get back to this thread in a while. Good news, we have full control over the twitter account and the twitterfeed account that posts to it again - so we can do whatever we decide to do with the setup now. I went ahead and deleted the sf.net forward it had setup and I saw that the forwarding from the branch submissions was broken too (since october) so I removed that too (it also had basically no click-throughs).

The other feeds (wiki, news, forum) get an average click count of 1-2 per post. Not super high traffic, but apparently people are using the twitter account to follow the community. It is therefore useful - if only to a small number of users.

For me, the shocking news was that my username appears on twitter, without me knowing. If the twitter messages really come from the RSS feed, as SirVer suspects, I suggest to remove the username from the RSS feed.

I find it intriguing that you see this as shocking. I feel if we remove the username, we would not attribute a quote any longer, that would be shocking to me. The fact is that everything you write in this forum is a public statement of yours which can be quoted.

Top Quote
kaputtnik
Topic Opener
Version: current master
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-04-27, 22:44

SirVer wrote:

Sorry, I am super busy with live at this point in time,

Real life is much importand than this face-smile.png

The fact is that everything you write in this forum is a public statement of yours which can be quoted.

Yes it is. From a psychologic view, the monitor is like a wall. Everything behind it, seems to be like behind the wall of a living room. What we see on our monitors is psychologic inside the wall (in our living room), but in reality it is outside of the wall. Everyone knows this, but psychologic it is against our normal point of view. So it is sometimes shocking, that everything inside the wall (monitor) could be seen by all who wants this. From time to time we all should remember that a monitor isn't like a wall of a living room...

Fight simulator for Widelands:
https://wide-fighter.netlify.app/

Top Quote