Latest Posts

Topic: Out of rocks/stones?

GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-04-07, 22:20

Venatrix wrote:

OTOH do we really have to make a difference, whether a mine or a quarry cuts the stone? Can’t it all be from rocks?

I think that this is an idea worth discussing. Imagine you're a newbie playing the tutorials for the first time, would it bother you if they were both called "rock"? Or maybe we could go with "rocks" for the quarry resource and "rock" for the mountain resource?

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-04-08, 00:51

GunChleoc wrote:

Venatrix wrote:

OTOH do we really have to make a difference, whether a mine or a quarry cuts the stone? Can’t it all be from rocks?

I think that this is an idea worth discussing. Imagine you're a newbie playing the tutorials for the first time, would it bother you if they were both called "rock"? Or maybe we could go with "rocks" for the quarry resource and "rock" for the mountain resource?

For Empire & Barbarians both resources are the same. You will produce the same things there, so it can be named in the same way. But Atleantans have strange mines face-wink.png

But going to the origin: in Settlers II there were stones and granite. Two different resource names.

I don't think that for newbie it will make lots of confusion. Both ways are used in different strategy games (for any type of resources), and people are still playing them face-wink.png

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2015-04-08, 09:55

My question wasn't if it would be confusing to have 2 different resource names, but if 2 world resources had the same name:

• Rocks -> Quarry -> Stone + Marble
  • Rock -> Granite (Limestone?) / Marble / Crystal Mine -> Stone, Marble, Diamonds, Quartz.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote