Latest Posts

Topic: No Networkplaying possible

gue_br

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-09-06, 14:01

Hi!

I tried to connect my PCs to play in Multiplayer-Mode.

But I only get the Message "Connection lost by host"

In Servers-list, I see the Hosts, but can't connect.

In Firewalls first i opened the Ports, later disabled them, but nothing helps.

Thnx, Guenter

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-09-07, 13:35

Hi Guenter,

are you using Build14RC or older versions? Are you trying to play via network or via internet and on which operating system? face-smile.png

Cheers

Peter

Top Quote
gue_br

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-09-07, 21:35

Hi Peter

I use on both PC Build13rc. On one Machine WinXP Professional SP3, with the latest Patches and on the other PC runs W2k, also with the latest Patches. The machines are connected via LAN.

Guenter

Top Quote
Nasenbaer
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2009-09-08, 08:13

Hi Guenter,

(hope you in fact meant Buil14RC - Build13RC is really outdated and you should definitely update, if you use it ;))

Unfortunally such network problems are in most cases hard to debug (although the problem is in most cases very simple)

All I can do at the moment is adding some more thoughts, what could break the networkconnection:

• Are you directly connected (two computers, no cable?)

• -> If no, it would be the best to check whether this woukd works, if yes, there might be a router or switch between the computers (?) that somehow blocks the ports or specific connections. Perhaps you need to set up port forwarding even in local network ?

• The connecting computer should of course set up it's firewall as well - perhaps it's not a server sided, but a clientsided connection problem (client uses same ports as host, so...)

• Often forgotten (even I do sometimes ;)) - Windows (since XP) has it's own crappy firewall, perhpas that one is breaking the connection

Hope that helped a bit face-smile.png

Cheers

Peter

Top Quote
gue_br

Topic Opener
Ranking
Just found this site
Posted at: 2009-09-09, 10:11

Hi Peter!

Many thanks for help. I've seen yet, theres a new Version since 5. Sept. (not so long).

I'll try this one.

Guenter

Top Quote