Latest Posts

Topic: Big upcoming string changes

Tino

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2014-03-06, 20:42

Let's see if it works, i've merge the current translation status into trunk. But I think SirVer has also to mergre trunk one into the translation branch.

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-03-06, 22:19

Tino merged translations -> trunk. I merged trunk -> translations. So everything should be golden again for the nightlies.

@GunChleoc: QCS is referring to the branch that gets the .po files merged in every night. We have to merge it manully into trunk to get the translations actually in the game.

It would be better if it where owned by the team. At the time of creation it was not possible to have a translation branch that was not owned by an individual, so I own it. I do not know if this bug is fixed, but I am reluctant to change this running system even if it is.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-03-06, 22:28

Oh, I see. I didn't know you needed a separate branch for handling translations.

And what do they say: if it ain't broke, don't fix it, or: never change a running system face-grin.png

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
MiroslavR

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2014-03-07, 13:09

Who reviews these imports anyway? I thought it would be automatic, but seeing that it's been more than a couple of hours, I guess it must be reviewed by SirVer or Canonical now... It doesn't really make sense, as one can translate directly via the web interface without having to wait in a queue.

Top Quote
fk
Ranking
At home in WL-forums
Posted at: 2014-03-07, 13:47

Are the previous translations still around somewhere? I am translating many items that have been translated before.

Top Quote
MiroslavR

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2014-03-07, 13:54

@fk:

GunChleoc wrote:

You will find your old translation in Build18, or download a tarball of this revision: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/trunk/revision/6843.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-03-07, 16:22

@fk: If you have difficulties with that, tell me your language and give me an e-mail address and I'll send them to you. I have grabbed a full archive for all the languages.

I have also started putting old translations back in as well as I can (considering I only speak a few), but it's a lot of work to do this for everybody. So far, I have done Estonian and Farsi. I am starting with the languages that have the least translations, because I figure they have less manpower to fx stuff up.

@Miroslav: after translations have been uploaded and approved, it can take hours until they are actually imported. Launchpad puts them in a queue and runs a couple of automated checks and whatnot.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
SirVer

Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-03-07, 18:27

MiroslavR wrote:

Who reviews these imports anyway? I thought it would be automatic, but seeing that it's been more than a couple of hours, I guess it must be reviewed by SirVer or Canonical now... It doesn't really make sense, as one can translate directly via the web interface without having to wait in a queue.

I am not reviewing anything in the translations - I barely speak German, let alone any other language. No one reviews them - they can be reviewed by anybody (e.g. if someone wants to do quality checks, they can look at translations and mark them as reviewed). Launchpad automatically grabs the current nighty status and submits it into a branch - from there we manually merge them into trunk from time to time.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-03-07, 18:41

SirVer wrote: I barely speak German, let alone any other language.

Don't knock yourself, you're pretty fluent in C++ face-tongue.png

Edited: 2014-03-07, 18:41

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
MiroslavR

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2014-03-07, 19:15

SirVer wrote:

I am not reviewing anything in the translations - I barely speak German, let alone any other language. No one reviews them - they can be reviewed by anybody (e.g. if someone wants to do quality checks, they can look at translations and mark them as reviewed). Launchpad automatically grabs the current nighty status and submits it into a branch - from there we manually merge them into trunk from time to time.

That's not what I meant. My translation files waiting in the import queue are marked as "Needs Review". What I actually thought was ensuring that the file can be imported successfully, rather than checking the quality of the translation. I don't expect you to speak every language. face-smile.png

GunChleoc wrote:

Don't knock yourself, you're pretty fluent in C++ face-tongue.png

Agreed.

Also, Gun, I think there's something wrong with these:

• PAGEUP: increases games peed
  • PAGEDOWN: decreases games peed

Top Quote