• Trunk(s) » Log(s)

Edited: 2014-07-12, 16:35

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
einstein13
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-03-05, 19:54

SirVer wrote: I also think that we can make these changes one by one in trunk - no need to do it all right now. As long as it is done before b19 - till then I do not care about safe game compatibility, so we can change stuff around as we ilke.

You're right, we shouldn't be too fast.

I have a question here about trunks and planks. In every tribe it has another names. In empire planks are just wood. It is a bit confusing for beginners and also it make no sens in general expressions about wood. For example "I have wood, and luck of trunks, so I have wood problem here.". It make no sense, but it is common between players (first part is missing, so it is only "I have wood problem"). I'm not keen on used words here, in Widelands, but in my opinion it should be more unified between tribes and simplified.

einstein13
calculations & maps packages: http://wuatek.no-ip.org/~rak/widelands/
backup website files: http://kartezjusz.ddns.net/upload/widelands/

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-03-05, 20:02

Actually, all 3 tribes have trunks (now renamed to "logs"), which are gotten from trees. The Atlanteans then saw them into planks and the Empire into wood, and the Barbarians harden them to blackwood. Maybe we should rename E wood to planks?

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-03-05, 21:45

The branch has been merged and the translations updated.

If any of you need help with recovering similar strings from your old translations, please let me know.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
MiroslavR

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2014-03-05, 22:29

I've realized the handiness of external tools regarding suggestions and decided to give them a try (for the first time). However, I am unsure how to proceed: should I merge the .po files with the latest .pot files myself or export them via Launchpad?

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-03-05, 23:19

Launchpad takes care of the merging, but kicks out all the strings that don't match 100% - which is why we need the external tools to recover our translations.

Download Method 1

You can grab a full archive from Launchpad https://translations.launchpad.net/widelands/trunk/+export. Choose the "po" format.

Launchpad will send you an e-mail with a download link. This will give you a tar.gz archive. If you have no tool to open this, try http://www.7-zip.org/

The archive will contain all languages, so the best thing is then to search with your file manager for filenames containing your ISO-code.

Download Method 2

You can also download each file individually from Launchpad, which means you won't need to extract an archive. That's a number of links to click on though. In order to do this, open the translations for a file and use the "Download Translation" link on top and choose the "po" format. Again, Launchpad will send you an e-mail with a download link.

Editing

1. Open your old translation in Virtaal or Poedit, then make a small change and save to be sure that the program will have processed the file and put the strings in its translation memory. You will find your old translation in Build18, or download a tarball of this revision: http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/trunk/revision/6843. If you have problems with that, give me your e-mail address and I'll mail you the files.

2. Open one of the new files you just downloaded from Launchpad and let the translation memory give you suggestions. You will get suggestions for most of the strings that you translated previously.

3. I had to rip some strings apart a lot. This concerns the command line help in widelands.pot and the scenario strings. For these, open both the old and the new version at the same time and use the search function to copy (Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) the parts of the strings that fit.

4. Upload your translation to Launchpad. For this, open the translations for each individual file in Launchpad, where you will find an "Upload Translation" link on top. It can take a couple of hours until the translations will be imported.

BTW, it took me about half an hour to restore my translations for widelands.pot (except for the complicated production site strings), so it's not as bad as it looks - if you use Virtaal or Poedit. That was about 200 entries, so not bad at all. face-smile.png

Edited: 2014-03-05, 23:20

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
MiroslavR

Ranking
Pry about Widelands
Posted at: 2014-03-06, 18:46

Thanks a lot for your help! By the way, while translating the Plateau scenario I have noticed a possible misinterpretation of the following sentence due to a possible misspelling:

Original: In the south we caught sight of some guarded food infrastructures of Jomo - a younger warlord - we should take care about that infrastructures and cut of the food supply.
Changed: In the south, we caught sight of some food infrastructures guarded by Jomo – a younger warlord – and we should take care of those infrastructures so we can take our cut of the food supply.

I believe the original meant cut off.

Edited: 2014-03-06, 18:52

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-03-06, 19:21

@Nasenbaer?

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote
QCS

Ranking
Tribe Member
Posted at: 2014-03-06, 20:15

Looks like the daily builds fail because of merge conflicts between the translation branch and trunk.

Is this already being worked on, or what can we do about it? By the way, wouldn't it be better if the translation branch would belong to ~widelands-dev?

CMake is evil.

Top Quote
GunChleoc
Topic Opener
Ranking
One Elder of Players
Posted at: 2014-03-06, 20:22

The translation branch was copied to ~widelands-dev months ago, and it has been merged now anyway.

Since the big changes are done, I will create mini-branches from now on for quick merging as issues come up.

Somebody else will have to look into the daily builds, because I have no idea how they work.

Busy indexing nil values

Top Quote